Chapter 9- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Chapter 9 - Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

***

It was hazy all around me with an overflow of sound. I could feel my body lay upon a soft surface that felt somewhat like a bed. I did not dare open my eyes; they did not feel capable of such a motion.

"She is lucky Headmaster-lucky to have survived." Spoke a woman with an old like voice. There was something about her that I could tell that she was not youthful, she sounded frail and wise.

"What injuries has she sustained Poppy?" Asked a man; well an old man of that. I was surrounded by old people; jolly good.

"She seems to be heavily exhausted and we will have to wait for her to wake to ask her about that. But with that aside, only a mild concussion from the fall was her most serious injury. Oh and a few cuts and bruises but nothing serious there." informed the older woman Poppy to the older man.

"Thankyou Poppy. You can continue the feast with the other teachers, I will tend to her." Spoke the older man to the presumed woman Poppy. He seemed kind at least.

"Are you sure-" She begun.

But he cut through her, "I insist." he injerjected softly.

The woman did not speak after that and the next thing I heard were gentle footsteps until they faded to a mere nothing.

"You can open your eyes now. I know you are awake." Came the man's voice from the silence.

Crap, I was busted now.

"Sorry." Was all I could let escape.

My eyes quickly adjusted to the bright light as I opened them slowly; now was the time to take in my surroundings. I was in yet another hospital for the second time today. The man to stand in front of me was none other than Albus Dumbledore. I was at what I presumed to be Hogwarts. I had made it. I let out a gentle sigh of relief that it seemed only I could hear. If he did, for some reason I felt it would make things very awkward.

"Fallon why are you here?" and there was the ice breaker. He loomed over me as I observed his face which seemed to have creased wrinkles across his forehead.

"I don't think I ever told you my name, Dumbledore." I let out quickly with a bit too much venom than what I had intended. Here I was being rude to the man that I wanted the most help from; idiot.

"And I do not remember telling you mine. Besides, I knew you as a child. I know who you are Fallon Riddle." he chimed in as his eyes faintly twinkled.

He stopped me in my thoughts after that for a short period of time. It was as if I were frozen by his words.

How did he seem to know so much? Well most by the looks of things. Now here I thought I had some kind of advantage over the man. I had hoped that he wouldn't know what he did, that I could pass off as some runaway, some orphan, just anything except myself. I didn't want he or anyone else knowing I was Fallon Riddle; daughter of Lord Voldemort. I didn't want that label above my head.

"Who does not know the famous wizard Albus Dumbledore? Tom talks much of you. And what do you mean you knew me as a child? I was in an orphanage, no one knew me." I spoke, genuinely curious how this man knew so much.

"I am flattered miss Riddle, but you call your father Tom. Why?" He asked, avoiding the last part of my questions. I was to ask him of that later, this man had a few questions that needed answering.

"I call him that for he is no father of mine. He ordered my death. He does not deserve such a title." I spat with obvious distaste towards the monster. Well that was what he was, a monster and nothing apart from that. Him a father? What father wants their child dead? Tortures them? Clearly a good father shows love, not anger and hatred.