Chapter 5 - Friend or Foe?

***

As I awoke, I looked up to see the boy who I saw before I went into a world of blackness. He stood by the window gazing out at the dark sky. I knew who he was- he was Draco Malfoy. I wasn't supposed to talk to him or any of the other Malfoy's, especially his father. It bothered me that we were related and I had to call Draco my cousin, he and his father were an embarrassment.

"You are awake" he spoke thankfully, as Drac watched my eyes flutter open.

I only had a brief moment to respond, and it had to appear strong. I didnt need this prat running back to my father with news of my fragile state.

"Obviously" I spat at him sarcastically, did he have me for a fool?

It was only then I noticed I was in Draco's bedroom and on his small, rather uncomfortable silver painted bed. This was quite pathetic. His bedroom was a mess, and I couldn't  say thathe looked any better. Did this boy have any grooming habits? I gazed further around the room to see it was considerably smaller than my own. The walls were black, as was every bedroom in this house. For some reason we really liked the colour black, as I suppose in a way it emitted fear somehow.

"Yeah, whatever. What happened to you before?" he questioned me, clearly attempting to brush aside the venom I had used toward him. I guessed he was quite used to being spoken to like that, but it was not as if he were any friendlier.

I paused.

I was quiet for too long, and I watched a curious look flash over Draco's eternal gaze.

"I don't know." I said truthfully. I had no idea what happened to me in that hallway, I couldn't explain any of it, nor did I understand it.

"Well you passed out, you haven't woken up or spoken for two hours," he stated, now avoiding my fiery gaze and instead resumed to look out the window at the darkness brought about by the night.

"Well I am now awake, so I will be leaving." I rose up from the small bed and stood up on my bare feet, but as quick as I stood, I fell back down even faster. I fell back down onto the bed with a thud, as my head hit the black satin pillows. The world was a slowed blur.

"Looks like you're not leaving." He mocked with a smirk as he laughed quietly.

Draco was not truly like his father. a
Appearances yes; personality no. His father would never speak to me in such a manner, he was too much of a coward- which I suppose I understood since I would have gotten him killed if he had. But Draco was surprisingly different, as he was more like his mother than anyone else. For his brave behaviour I was going to let him slide with this one, it helped that I was indisposed at the current moment.

"I guess I'm not." I sighed to him in the tone he had only just used, I knew was visibly frustrated. I looked back over toward him with as much as my neck would crane. As painful as it was to turn my neck, I had to be able to stare at the boy that was so brazen toward me, in the eye.

"Well now what? Are we going to talk about family? Are we going to bond? How about your father? Pathetic as per usual?" I laughed, knowing this was bound to make him mad.

He seemed at first to seeth in rage as his hands curled up into fists, but at the last second before he spoke, he restrained himself and continued to talk maturely.

"My family is fine thank you. Father and mother are away on holiday." He smiled as he said all of this. I definitely was not expecting such a calm response from Draco of all people, he was always arrogant.

"He finds you an embarrassment you know. Your father I mean. Having a son such as you under the Malfoy name. You're a disgrace. No wonder he left on holiday, clearly to avoid looking at your pathetic waste of space." I said with pure venom. I was not going to hold back, I was going to say every horrible thing I could think of. Just to crush his childish little feelings.