Chapter 24 - Malfoy Manor

Chapter 24 – Malfoy Manor

***

//Fallon's POV//

Thump-thump-thump

I could hear the beat of my heart, a faint drumming amidst the deathly silence. The pain in my side was unbearable and I wished I could ignore it, I wish I could forget it. The darkness of the dungeon was eerie, and I felt the cold wrap itself around my body, absorbing my heat, leaving me for dead.

"Are- are you okay?" stammered a voice from the darkness, pulling me back to reality, pulling me away from letting the darkness absorb me.

"Who's there?" I grimace in pain, feeling fearful of the voice out in the darkness. I was wandless down here and severely hurt, I could not defend myself. I had no chance against this other person.

"It's alright, calm down. Let me have a look at your ribs- I'm a nurse, its okay" spoke the voice again, this time far more gently and I realized it was the voice of a woman. I heard her light footsteps come from somewhere afar, walking her way toward me where I yelped in pain, "Ouch". I thought for a moment that I recognised the voice of the woman, but that fleeting thought disappeared as the pain returned.

After I yelped, I felt the soft hands of a woman reach out for me amidst the darkness and it was something so simple that helped me calm down quite significantly, surely she couldn't be threatening? The woman reached around in the darkness searching for my ribs with no real direction, and I didn't care at the invasive proximity we were in. If she really was a nurse, there was perhaps some good luck heading my way after-all.

"So nothing seems to be severely broken, but there appears to be some severe bruising on a few of the ribs on your right side and a few however, severe grazes across your abdomen" she informed, sitting back from me as I struggled to sit up.

The room that was once as black as night, started to brighten as my eyes adjusted to the dimly lit dungeon. I had not noticed the candles in the far back corners, its flames slowly dying out. As my eyes adjusted, I was gradually able to see the face of the woman that was unknown to me.

"Thank you, I'm Fallon" I introduced myself, grateful of the woman's aid. I decided against attempting to stand up with my injuries, figuring it were wise not to injure myself further than Bellatrix already had.

The woman hesitated for a moment before revealing her name to me, "Hi Fallon, I'm Sarah. I would say pleasure to meet you, but under these circumstances I wouldn't think that appropriate," she grinned slightly, her face clear to me now and it suddenly hit me why her voice was so familiar.

"Wait, Sara-" I stammered, my heart accelerating at the sudden revelation. But before I could speak any further, another voice broke through and stunned me instantly.

"Fallon, Fallon Riddle?" Came their voice from behind one of the pillars in the dungeon, another female voice. This voice was significantly younger than Sarah's and I assumed it was a teenage girl, in-fact I knew it was a teenager girl, I knew who it was.

"Yeah?" I responded questionably, looking to where the voice came from and a silhouette of a young teenage girl walked in mine and Sarah's direction.

"It really is you," she exhaled light-heartedly, releasing a sigh of relief.

I looked up toward her, questioning whether or not it could actually be who I guessed. If Sarah was who I thought, then it only made sense who this young girl was. "And who might you be?" I asked, my voice quivering, not in fear, but in an elated burst of anticipation and nerves.

"I'm Emily, your sister" she revealed gravely, gauging for my reaction, as if prepared to somehow catch me if I fainted from apparent surprising news. But there was nothing surprising about it, aside from the fact that I thought she was dead.