Chapter 2 - Daddy's Home

***

The woman Bellatrix let go of me carelessly and I fell to my knees with a hard snap, but nothing broke. My head continued to spin, even after I finally touched the hard ground after what felt like forever away from it. I didn't understand what was going on, when only moments ago I was at my new home where Marion and Dametri now lay dead.

I couldn't see well enough to know where Bellatrix had taken me as my vision was still returning back to normal, but I knew the room was black and the atmosphere cold against my pale body that was covered in goosebumps.

As my eyes begun to adjust however, I noticed a circle of people had formed around me. Each of the individual's seemed to be wearing black cloaks that hung down to their feet, their faces obscured by skull masks. Now unlike Bellatrix's uncanny madness and demeanor, these people seemed as if they feared me. They were careful not to get too close, perhaps fearful that they would endure the same fate as Dametri. 

I didn't dare speak up as they looked down at my frail nine year old frame, they were all so unnaturally still. I eyed them carefully waiting for their next move, but Bellatrix suddenly pulled me by my hair, dragging me behind her charging figure. As Bellatrix hauled me away from the circle that formed around us, I let out a painful grimace.

"Where is my father!?" I demanded, my voice shaky. I remembered how the only reason any of this was happening was because this woman was going to take me to my 'long lost father'. 

At my outburst she halted her brisk stride, letting go of my hair for a brief moment. Then her maddened eyes turned on me with a look born to kill, "You do not talk about him, you hear me!" she screeched before a hand came barreling toward my face, colliding with my cheek. The strength that her hand bared rendered me into a world where small black dots clouded my vision, and then nothing.

*

3 months later

It had been three months since I had been brought to this place, this mansion, and in that time I still had not met my infamous father. I was rarely allowed to leave my bedroom. The only times I could leave however were when I needed to go to the toilet, shower and when I was summoned to complete my private magic lessons with Bellatrix.

During these lessons she taught me to use these wooden sticks - "wands" she had called them. These wands shot jets of light, and if I spoke a "spell" while holding the wand, things could move or disappear altogether for example. This apparently meant that I was a witch, and not a muggle, which was something the Death Eaters around here despised. I had been taught that magic existed and that my father himself was a wizard, and was apparently the best. 

I hated the lessons I had with Bellatrix, and it didn't take long for my body to be covered in bruises and gashes. Bellatrix took particular joy in shooting jets of green light at me, especially the Cruciatus Curse, her personal favourite. The cruciatus curse was the one punishment that I couldn't stand, the only one I couldn't keep up a brave face for. 

But afters the weeks passed I had begun to get restless in this place, longing for freedom, longing to break free of my invisible chains. I had plotted and dreamt of escape, so one night after a particularly difficult training session I decided to just go for it. I had to get away from all of this. I now knew the truth about magic and what I was capable of.

I knew if I had any chance of escaping, that I'd have to be quiet - and walking through a bedroom with creaking bloorboards made it damn near impossible. But alas, I made it out of my bedroom and walked on by my training room without so much as a disturbance.