Chapter 13

(Chapter 13) (Read note at the bottom)

(Blake POV)

I paced back and forth as my mom calmed Angel down along with Thomas. I contacted my dad earlier telling him that the rogues were here, he sent out the trackers and warriors, they were now on their way to finding them. They can’t be too far away now. I would have gone after them myself, but I had to attend to Angel first.
“Hey,” I looked up seeing Ashley come out with a frustrated look, to say everyone is pissed off is a complete understatement. Ashley went crazy especially since Angel was having a melt down. I marked her, I finally marked Angel, but only out of possessiveness, my wolf had finally snapped and marked her, I could have controlled it any other time if she wasn’t in heat and if that little rogue didn’t try to take her from me. I had lost control when I saw him touching her the way he did.
“I need to see her,” I growled the mark should have healed over now, I did it properly not causing too much damage, thank god.
“I’m not stopping you, but you freaked her out some, so go easy on her,” she explained I growled I know I freaked her out, she’s been crying and begging for her dad for almost two hours, but she has stopped with the help of Ashley, the leech, and my mom. I wanted so badly to go in there and calm her down myself, but she’s completely freaked out by me. I tried going in, but I only seemed to make it worse. I’m not sure if she’ll accept me now, I must be some type of monster or animal to her now.

(Flashback hour earlier)                             

“You want to come up, I can move over some,” Angel asked while swinging her legs back and forth. I laughed and looked at the small branch she was on. There’s no possible way for that branch to hold me.
 “I’m not sure if that branch will hold me,” I explained chuckling more, as she seemed to examine my body and the branch before scrunching up her face and pointing to a thicker one across from her. “What about that one,” I laugh once more and shake my head, that one isn’t that much bigger, I think she’s forgetting that I weigh over two hundred pounds. I stopped laughing and looked around. Something was off. I sniffed the air.
“Are you sure because I,”I held up my hand quickly cutting her off with a low growl. They’re here. How the hell did they get in the school “Jace get to the quad now alert the others, the rogues are here” I contacted Jace through the link all while growling and looking around. I can’t fight with Angel around, I need to get her somewhere safe and not so out in the open.
 “We need to get you inside” I growled she stared at me, they’re closing in. “Now,” I barked out grabbing her quickly from the tree. I had to protect my mate, especially with her arousal in the air. “What’s wrong? Is something going on,
” she asked quickly while wrapping her legs around my waist. I don’t have time to explain to her. I just have to get her inside. I growled a warning while running as fast as I could. Why did we have to be in the middle of the quad. 
“Something’s coming Blake
,” Angel screamed tucking herself in as the rogue suddenly appeared in front of me taking Angel out my grasp and tossing her. I felt my wolf break through, I snapped and reached to grab him, but instead I was thrown across the field. A rumble went through my chest as my back hit against the brick wall breaking it in the process. I quickly stood on defense striking the rogue with my thoughts solely focused on getting Angel back to me. No one touches her. “Kill him,” my wolf growled upon hearing the horror filled screams of our mate. I launched myself at taking him down. He struggled against me, but I wasn’t having any of it. I barred my teeth and grabbed hold of his neck twisting it until I heard a satisfying snap. I growled once more as I looked up only to see the rogue kissing Angel. My Angel. ‘MINE’ My wolf snapped taking complete control. We ran over ready to kill. No one will touch or what belongs to us. She will not belong to anyone except to us. I grabbed the rogue by his shirt and tossed him away, before focusing on Angel. She gasped as I picked her up.
“You are mine and only mine,” We growled before clamping our mouth on her neck. We marked her with all, she was ours and she needed to know that, everyone needed to know, she is our bitch and no one can have her. We pulled back and licked the wound watching it heal up. No one can have her now. 
“Ashley,” Angel cried out collapsing on the ground, I reeled my wolf back in and stared at her in shock. 
“An..” she cowered away from me and curled up in a ball sobbing her heart out. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I won’t do it again, please don’t hurt me anymore,” she whimpered covering her face as I stood in shock. What the hell did I just do? 
“I’m sorry,” I say quickly squatting down to her, I reached out, but she flinched back just as a light brown wolf pounced in front of me growling while standing protectively over Angel. I grab her and slam against the tree.
“Watch it Ashley I have no problem killing you,” I threaten while connecting with her through the link. I could feel her wolfs anger along with hers. No I don’t blame her, but she won’t go around disrespecting me, not right now.
“You son of a bitch,” She cursed shifting back into her human form as Angel cried out for her again.
“Let me go,” I toss her to the ground next to Angel while growling at Thomas who held his hands up.
“Ashley, it hurt, he hurt me and I want my dad, please take me to my dad,” Angel sobbed crawling onto her lap and holding her as if her life depended on it, it breaks my heart seeing her like this and knowing I’m the one who did this to her.