Chapter 27

Chapter 27

(Angel POV)
 I looked into the hallway and breathed out in relief. I just saw Alexis walking through the halls, I don’t want her to mess with me and I still don’t understand why she doesn’t like me. I even asked Ashley if I did something wrong, but she said I didn’t do anything wrong and that Alexis is just a mean person with a lot of vented up anger in her. I'm not sure what that means but I think she needs mental health, I would tell her, but I'm not sure if she’ll take that very well.
“ Angel what are you doing?” I squeaked and turned around seeing Jonah standing behind me with his eyebrow raised.
“Nothing,” I say while pulling him into a big hug. He laughed softly and petted the top of my head.
“My nana let me go early today, but where have you been?” I ask stepping back some so I could see his face, he smiled and kissed my forehead.
“Reading, the library has quite a collection, I gathered some books from there and I’ve been reading in my room,” That would explain a lot. Jonah loves to learn and he taught me a lot of the stuff I know now.
“Cool, but if you want I can ask if you can go to school, we can take classes together, it’ll be fun especially physic and forensic science,” I'm sure my dad can arrange something and if he can’t I’ll ask Georgy, he’ll definitely say yes.
“I'm not sure if it’ll work, but I would love to take classes with you,” I smiled and held his hand feeling them tingle in mine. I giggled and pulled him down the hall with me.
“Are you busy?” I ask turning to the left I'm sure this is the way down stairs.
“I was going to catch up on my book and what are you wearing?” he asked looking me over I looked down at my pajamas and shrugged.
“My pajamas, we’re cuddling and watching movies in the family room, you can come with us, we have cupcakes and we have ice-cream,” I explain jumping down the stairs one by one. Jonah laughed gently and lifted me up making me frown.
“You have to be careful on stairs, plus you’re supposed to jump from right here,” He stated jumping from the very top. I squealed in delight as we landed on the floor laughing. Jonah’s the best.
“Lets do it again!” I shouted wiggling out his arms only to be pulled back by my shirt. I pouted at Blake as he frowned at Jonah while mumbling something about teaching me bad habits.
“We’re starting the movie,” He said eying me I looked at my pajamas not seeing anything wrong with them. They were my pink teddy bear ones, they’re thermal pajamas so they fit perfectly and I have matching slippers. My dad gave me more pajamas today.
“Where did you get that?” Blake frowned at my outfit I giggled and jumped on him with a smile.
“My dad dropped it off, I was running out of pajamas and I don’t like wearing clothes around the house. I like being comfortable,” I explain kissing his nose as he sighed but nodded. I looked over his shoulder at Jonah.
“Will you be joining us for the movie?” I ask only to pout as he shook his head.
“No I think I'm going to catch up on my book, but I’ll definitely join you next time,” I sighed, but let him go. I guess he can read and catch up on his modern day things.
“Okay, if you want to join come anytime,” I say while giving him a brief hug, well as much of hug as I could give him because Blake was blocking us a little. Jonah smiled and walked off leaving me in Blake’s arms.
“Did you get me my map?” I ask he nodded and held up his phone.
“I sent you a PDF file to your phone and I’ll get one printed out for you soon,” I sighed I really did need that map although it is sort of fun going through this maze, well except when I'm hungry.
“So what movie are we watching?” I asked Blake gets to pick the movie this time and I promised we could watch anything he wanted to watch.
“I think you’ll enjoy it, its Honey I Shrunk the Kids,” I blinked I’ve never heard of this movie either, but there’s a lot of movies I haven’t seen and recently I haven’t had my movie nights with Ashley so I’ve fallen behind.
“Is it good?” I asked sitting on his lap he smiled and put his arms around my waist while kissing my neck with a grin.
“Yes it’s a good movie and you’ll be happy too,” I like being happy and if it’s a happy movie then it’ll be great because a lot movies are sad and I always cry by the end.
“Okay,” I settled down comfortably as the lights dimmed cascading us in darkness, I placed my head on Blake shoulder as the screen lit up blue signaling the beginning of the movie.

(Blake POV)
I placed a cover over Angel and stood up with her sleeping peacefully. She fell asleep close to the end of the movie, which is surprising since her eyes were glued to the screen the whole time but I'm sure its from the lack of rest she’s been getting lately. I shifted her in my arms as she moved some and clenched onto my shirt with a sigh.
“Knocked out already,” Ashley said as I walked into the pack hall, I nodded looking down at her glowing cheeks and parted lips.
“Yup, the workouts are getting to her and the lack of her naps gets her in bed before eight most nights now,” I explain which is why we started our time together around five.
“New bed time, I know she hates it, but she’ll be fine and tomorrow there’s no training and her grandmother is giving her a day off, so she can catch up on her naps before the New Year rolls around,” That is true tomorrow is New Year Eve, no one will be training for that day or New Years Day.
“Knowing her she’ll have a list of things that she wants to complete,” I say shaking my head because it is true, I'm almost positive she has her list of things she didn’t get to do yet and that’s she’s planning on doing on her two days off. Which will lead to her being knocked out at the end of the day and disappointment when she realizes she didn’t get to finish anything on her list.
“And I'm sure she wants to do everything with you to bond,” she said laughing as I frowned
“You told her about that,” I accused she shrugged but shook her head no.
“No she was on the computer again and she was looking up relationships, she printed out this whole list of things and asked me about bonding, I'm not even sure what else is on that list nor do I know what she searched for, but I can tell you, you will have your handful if she got her hands on something stupid,” I let out a breath she probably did print something weird off the internet and hopefully I can find the papers to at least prepare myself for her antics soon.
“ Great. I need to keep her off the internet,” I’ve been thinking about unplugging the Wi-Fi, but with her smarts she’ll find out what’s wrong sooner or later.
“All I can say is good luck ,” she walked away telling me to use her machine tonight, for her wheezing which I did notice, but she’s been like that for a few days now, I thought it was somewhat normal, well that’s what Angel said.
“Ashley come to my room and get it ready, I don’t know how,” I said making her shoulders drop as she sighed and followed me up the stairs. Angel moved around mumbling and taking a deep breath before sighing again.
“When she starts wheezing like she is now, it means she needs a treatment or her pump, I'm sure its been like this for a few days knowing her, so it’ll be better to give her the nebulizer,” I laid Angel in my bed once we reached the room, Ashley gathered her Angels supplies.
“This is the medicine, you put it into this cup, close the lid tightly so it won’t spill out,” she grabbed a tube and connected it.
“You connect this to the compressor, then this to the mouthpiece or mask and that’s all,” she said lifting Angel up some she placed the mask over her facing making Angel stir and open her eyes with a pout. I smiled and sat next to her.
“Go back to sleep you’re just getting your treatment,” I explain letting her place her head on my lap as her eyes fluttered shut.
“So it’ll be on for about 15 minutes and when you’re done disconnect the parts and wash them with warm water and let them air dry. That’s about it, if she still having problems just call your mom up and she’ll see what she can do,” I nodded looking at her equipment making Ashley laugh as she went into my bathroom.
“Trust me this is the easy compared to what she used to use, I'm happy she’s only on her nebulizer its much better than the heart monitor and her daily IV’s, so this is a good improvement for her,” she tried to explain, but either way I just want Angel better than what she is now, because I know she’ll be happier. Ashley came back and placed a bucket of warm water next to my bed along with a towel.
“Anyway, I’ll be in my room,” she walked out before I could ask her any more questions. I ran my hand through Angel hair laughing at her frown and scrunched up face. I'm sure she doesn’t like her machine or anything pertaining to her health, which is understandable for someone who’s been in the hospital for almost a year only to come home to a mini hospital in her own room.
“Blake,” I glanced down at Angel laughing gently as I pushed her hair out her face.
“You’re almost finished, but you can go back to sleep,” she shook her head and rubbed her eyes moving up until she sat on my lap with her head on my shoulder. I can tell she’s still sleepy.
“Seriously Angel, you’re tired go back to sleep, I'm here with you all night,” she shook her head again and stared at me still pouting.
“I'm sorry I fell asleep while we were bonding,” I chuckled and kissed her forehead telling her to be quiet.
“We’ll have the rest of our lives to bond, but right now you need to rest and relax,” she kept staring before she shut her eyes and clung to my shirt.
“I’ll sleep on your lap and bond,” she muttered as I put my arms around her letting her snuggle into me as her machine empty out it’s the last bits of her medicine. I removed it from her face smiling as she kept sleeping as if nothing had happened. I took it apart like Ashley instructed and placed the parts in the water letting each soak before I dried them off and placed them to the side. I stood up keeping my hold on Angel as I pulled the sheets back. I lay her down and take off slippers along with her pajama pants. I'm not even sure why she wears them when she complains in the morning. She squirmed around and curled into a ball, holding her bear that she conveniently grabbed. I shook my head and took off my own clothes before climbing in next to her.
“Thank you Blake,” she mumbled moving into my chest she sighed and wrapped herself around me as I kissed her forehead.

Next day