chapter 30

Chapter 30
(Blake POV)
"Seriously," I hung up the phone again, her grandmother won't answer her damn phone.
"Blake what are you doing?" Ashley scowled while walking towards me I raised my eyebrow.
"Nothing,"
"You have Angel pulling her hair out, trying to figure out why you're mad at her," She said giving me a look that meant she would probably kill me if she could.
"I'm just trying to contact someone, I'll be in there in a few minutes." I say trying to remember exactly what Angel said about the strings. I think it means some sort of relationship or connections and there's no way they have a connection and even if they did she would have seen it by now.
"Shit," I curse under my breath feeling Angel slowly breaking down in an emotional turmoil. I put my phone back in my pocket and make my way to my office hearing Angel sniffling and mumbling something about not knowing. I sighed and opened the door seeing Ashley glaring at me, she whispered something to Angel before leaving out but not before telling me to fix her.
"I'm sorry," She blurted out immediately I lifted her onto my lap and wiped her tears.
"You didn't do anything wrong I had to make an important phone call," I explain while also apologizing. I wiped under her eyes as she tried to stop crying. I pulled her close and held her against me.
"I know I just felt bad," she said sniffling and wiping her face on my shirt.
"And I'm a little off today," she sat up and took a breath before rubbing her eyes and moving away from me.
"I'm going to go with Jesse now," she kissed my cheek and left without a word leaving me a little confused, she's getting weirder each day and I'm not going crazy plus she said so herself she's a more off than usual. I sit down at my desk running a hand through my hair making silent prayers for the baby to be someone else's maybe it isn't mine and Angel just feels a connection in a weird way, I mean not everyone is related to her with a string and she didn't mention anything about me being connected to the baby so it could be possible for the baby not to be mine at all.
"Blake you're needed on the border," Jace barged in out of breath I sighed and took off my shoes before following him out.
"You couldn't relay it another way?" I asked as we ran out the pack house, I shifted quickly as he grunted.
"No, I just got the message myself, we have a small dispute among the old and new pack members, they're picking fights also Thomas's his crew caught a rogue scouting the territory, they have him chained in the cellar" I let out a sigh and we came to the clearing, I shifted back and went up to my pack members slightly pissed off to be bothered by something so trivial.
"All of you back to the pack house, I don't want to hear any excuse, there's too much going on in the pack right now for you all to be fighting over stupid matters. I don't want to be bothered by this you all will be assigned to live together for a month. You need to set your differences aside and get a long because you are all here for the long run, if I'm ever bothered by something like this again I'll have both of your heads," They all bowed as I clenched my jaw and looked across the border where I could see the other pack warriors standing in the distance. I'm sure they sensed their presence.
"Leave now," I growled while shifting and running back through the woods towards the house again, I can feel Angel calmness through the link although she's slightly off like she said before, but she's seems fine now.
"Blake," Ashley called out I stopped and shifted quickly she frowned and threw me a pair of shorts I tugged them on, not bothered by the fact that she saw me naked. I'm sure most pack members have seen each other without clothes especially when we go on our runs it isn't uncommon for us to walk back without clothes.
"What's wrong?" I ask she shook her head and looked over my shoulder I followed her line of sight seeing Thomas with a guy with Blonde air and bright brown eyes staring at me with a smile. I sniffed the air picking up the scent of a wolf, a rogue wolf.
"She's pretty hot," he stated looking at Ashley, she rolled her eyes as Thomas slapped him upside his head, he laughed and slung his arm around his shoulder grinning.
"Don't worry no interest in her, but where's my little ginger snap?" he asked just as I felt a burst of excitement run through me. I'm assuming that's Angel.
"Chris!!!" Angel yelled running out the door I intercepted her not liking that she was running to another male.
"No," I growled gently making her glare at me, she pushed me away.
"Stop it," she half shouted with a red face, I frowned at her sudden anger completely caught off guard she glared again before running around me and towards this Chris person. He laughed and swung her around as she giggled.
"Ginger Snappppp!!" He exclaimed ruffling her hair Angel gave him a toothy childish smile obviously taking in all of the attention.
"You feel better?" she asked as I stepped up behind her, I removed his arms and pulled her to my chest ignoring her grunt and groan.
"I feel great, Thomas had some lovely ladies take care of me," he waggled his eyebrows making her giggle.
"Which is why he's out of my place, my men will take him to the Alpha" Thomas muttered while walking away mostly likely going with Ashley.
"Can't hang for long Ginger, but I'll be back in a few," he laughing as they dragged him away, he waved at Angel as she puckered her lips disappointed.
"Who was that?" I question her immediately she turned around with narrowed eyes.
"That was Chris, my friend and leave me alone," she grumbled I bent down to her and kissed her forehead smiling as she leaned in some.
"You can go back with your brother now," I say getting one more kiss on her lips, her cheeks were slowly turning red as she backed up before running away while telling me that she would see me later. I sighed and looked at my phone as a message from her grandmother popped up saying that she would talk with me later.
"Blake, we have another small problem," I groaned god what the hell is up with people today. I turned to Jace following him as he lead the way.
"Its not really a big deal, but we have a few of Michael's men here," I turned the corner seeing a handful of them standing head to head with some of my own men.
"Stand down," I commanded my men bowed respectfully as they took a step back.
"You're here for help?" I asked I'm assuming that's what they're here for.
"Yes, we have orders from our Alpha to coordinate with you all for next weeks mixer," I nodded and looked towards Jace.
"Take them to the head. I'm sure Ashley can help with this, so have her in the meeting each general should also attend. The other pack warrior should be on their way too, I'll have my men alert you as they come," I left them to do what they needed before going to the clinic, I'm sure my mom can help me out with something.

(Angel POV)
"Did you learn anything new?" Jesse asked sitting across from me while sipping his tea that my friend was kind enough to bring out.
"Not really she taught me that the colors are auras and energy, I asked why I could see them and she said I was gifted with the sight just like her and mom," I say smiling as a plate of cookies appeared, I thanked them softly while grabbing a chocolate chip one. Jesse chuckled and picked up one for himself.
"And how long have they've been here, last time I checked they rarely appeared," I shrugged not really sure myself. When nana get back again she said we're going to intensive training.
"I don't know, but recently I've been seeing them everyday and its awesome, I like watching them work and they have awesome cookies and tea," I reach for some more tea and pour it into my teacup.
"But you can't see them?" he shook his head and placed his hand under his chin with a soft smile.
"No, but occasionally I can sense them around, but did you meditate?" I nodded quickly as I munched away on my cookies.
"Yup, in the morning, it helps with this pack energy, there's a lot going on here and sometimes it gives me a headache, but its better when I meditate," I try to meditate every morning and evening, sometimes I can get it in, in the afternoon, but not often.
"And this greenhouse blocks all of it out, so its nice to come in to get a break," he nodded and reached over patting my head, making me giggle.
"That's good, do you need anything?" I shook my head and stood up I went over to him and sat on his lap giving him a huge hug.
"A hug would be awesome," I muttered making him laugh and kiss my cheek while cradling me in his arms. I sighed feeling his energy engulfing me.
"Your energy is awesome," I mumbled he chuckled and leaned back some smiling as he cupped my cheek.
"Cause I have my little princess with me today and as your knight it's my job to make sure you're okay," I giggled when we were little my brothers called themselves my knights and I was their princess, they were and still are overprotective and when I came back Jesse was really the only one left at home and even though the others came back to help Jesse was still in high school so he helped me a lot and he's more protective than the others and that saying something, plus I think we have the closest relationship out of everyone other than my sisters.
"And to feed me," I added quickly making him sigh and shake his head as I laughed and kissed his cheek.
"You really need to stop worrying about your stomach," I shook my head and poked his.
"Stomach is your key component to surviving, without food we would die, so its important to always have a full stomach with lots of juice, milk and water," I explain he rolled his eyes and tickled me making me laugh loudly and squirm around.
"Stomach is also good for the monster," he teased I squealed as tears fell out my eyes.
"Uncle," I screeched feeling my stomach tighten from all of my laughing, he let me go with his laugh echoing off the glass. I wiped my face still giggling and feeling the side effects of it all.
"On a serious note, how are you feeling?" He pushed my hair out my face as I shrugged and touched my chest.
"Fine I think, I feel better but I have a monitor and dads making me carry a backpack, but I think I'm better and Ms. Michele said my results improved a lot," he nodded while lifting my chin up.
"Smile, you're getting better Angel, sometimes we just have bad days that knock us off our feet and are your strings getting better," I pouted and looked at the strings.
"Yup, I have 25 strings now, which is way more than I originally had, but some aren't as strong as others, but each string is doing fine except Dads and Blake, but I think they're stressed out, mom is supposed to be helping dad and I guess I have to help Blake, but he doesn't smile often. I tried to tell him that smiling is better than frowning, I don't think he believes me, but um you have news for me," I say smiling I can feel it through our connection he laughed and kissed the side of my head again.
"You might be an Aunt soon," I squealed in delight.
"Stacy is having our baby!!" I exclaimed making him laugh and ruffle my hair with a grin.
"Yup, she's around two months and since she's human she'll be going the full 9 months," It'll be awesome we'll have another little person and we'll totally hang out.
"This will be cool. Does mom know?" I question turning in his lap as he nodded.
"Yup she was the first to figure out, but we'll keep this between you and me for now," I nodded and zipped my mouth.
"My lips are sealed, but I'm excited for you," I can't wait till the baby comes and he'll let me babysit.
"Angel," I looked over seeing Blake coming in I frowned as my friends scattered slightly bothered by his energy.
"Hi, your energy is having a negative effect on my friends I need you to calm down some," I say slowly making him frown Jesse chuckled.
"I've contacted you three times," he directed it at Jesse who raised his eyebrow.
"I blocked you out, you can't come in here with energy," I explain making Jesse laugh loudly I turned to him slightly confused as to what was so funny, but Nana helped me block it all out of the house, because my friends get frustrated also.
"What?" he question looking confused also I looked at Jesse as he lifted me off his lap and stood up.
"They'll get it, they like cleaning," I say as Jesse bent over to get the cups, he shrugged and kissed my forehead.
"We need you to go to the meeting room, they're getting briefed and Angel you need to have Jonah and Loki with you at all times," he scowled, I looked behind him seeing Loki and Jonah a long with two of Thomas men at the entrance of the greenhouse.
"Okay, but you're here," I say as Jesse left out, I step up to Blake and place my hand on his cheek.
"I'm about to leave, Loki and Jonah are in charge, you listen to everything they say," He instructed as if I were a child and not his mate I cock my head to the side.
"How long? A few minutes or an hour?" I ask he sighed and bent down to me giving me a gentle kiss.
"Maybe for a day or two, I have some duties to perform as the Alpha," I opened my mouth to protest but he covered it with his.
"I know you want to go, but I prefer if you stay here and protected I don't want you in the forest nor do I want you going where I'm going especially since we aren't mated yet," I pouted feeling a little heart break. He lifted my chin up and kissed me again with a gentle smile.
"I won't be long and I'll come back for you," I hugged him around his waist not wanting him to leave.
"But I promise not to get in the way and I won't bother anyone," I muttered sniffling I don't want him to leave me.
"Jonah, Loki wait outside," he commanded quickly, I could hear the door shutting behind them. "I'm coming back Angel I'm not leaving you and as much as I want you to come with me I know its much safer here in the pack grounds," I shook my head again still not understanding and wanting to go with him.
"I'll be lonely and I need you to hold and, and you can't be far cause I feel it and I don't like that feeling," I tried to explain, he pushed my hair to the side and examined my neck as I moved closer, he frowned a little before kissing the mark he made previously. I sighed as it seemed to come to life sending electric shocks down my spine.
"Don't worry Angel, you'll have everyone else here looking out for you and I'm not leaving forever its just for the night," he spoke gently while nipping at my neck I sniffled again before gasping as his canines sunk into my neck. I moaned softly and fell into his chest as he held my waist keeping me steady.
"There, you'll feel me more with this, it'll feel a little different this time," he said licking my neck as I squirmed around trying to control my urge to throw myself on him.
"It won't be the same," I say he smiled again and kissed my nose.
"I know, but with this one it'll be like I'm with you, you'll feel me I just won't be here physically," he explained making me rub my eyes and I tried to stop the tears from falling. He looked at his watch before lifting me up and carrying me out the greenhouse.
"I'll miss you and it'll be forever," I cried trying to hold it in as we walked passed pack member s and into the house. He carried me all the way up the stairs towards his room. I took a breath as he laid me in the bed and scooted in next to me. I went into his chest.
"It's almost time for you to sleep anyway, so I'll stay while you sleep," I nodded liking this instead it's a little early but I'll sleep for him. He pulled his shirt off letting me wrap myself around him.
"Don't leave without saying goodbye," I muttered feeling my system shut down as he placed light kisses over my face. I smiled and cuddled with him.

(Blake POV)