Chapter 11

Transparent Eyes

Chapter 11

I called Lindsay after I hung up with my dad and told her to come over since I had no plans tonight. I also texted Patrick and asked him if he wanted to join us and he said he’ll be here after a while because they had visitors now.

Lindsay arrived around fifteen minutes after I had called her. I didn’t bother changing out of my black cotton shorts and pink tank top.

“Let’s bake!” Lindsay suggested when I asked her what she wanted to do.

“Why?” I asked, frowning. I knew how to bake but I wasn’t a huge fan of it.

“I feel like eating chocolate chip cookies,” she said, pouting. She wasn’t that good of a cook but she was better than Patrick, that’s for sure.

“Fine,” I finally agreed. I couldn’t find the semi-sweet chocolate chips. I only found white chocolate chips so I decided to bake cranberry and white chocolate chip cookies.

Lindsay was so excited about it since it would be the first time we bake such cookies together.

Halfway through completing the recipe, my phone started ringing.

My hands were dirty with oil and flour so I asked Lindsay to see who it was.

“Oh my God it’s him, Elle! It’s Jeffrey!” She said excitedly and I rolled my eyes at her although my heart skipped a beat.

She pressed the green ‘answer’ button and held the phone to my ear.

“Hello?” I said into the phone, still working on the cookies.

“Hey,” he said. “I didn’t see you again. At what time did you leave?”

“After sunset,” I replied then I slapped Lindsay’s hand because she was eating the white chocolate chips and the cranberries.

“Hey!” She yelled at me.

“Stop it!” I told her and she scowled.

“Who is that?” Jeffrey asked curiously.

“Lindsay. She’s eating all the chocolate chips and cranberries.”

Lindsay punched my shoulder and I scowled at her.

“Are you baking cranberry cookies with white chocolate chips?” He asked.

“Yep,” I replied.

“My cousin does the best cranberry and white chocolate chip cookies,” he said. Lindsay heard him because she had stuck her ear to the phone as well.

She yelled, “Elle’s cookies are the best!”

“I doubt it,” Jeffrey replied.

“When you taste them you’ll see,” Lindsay replied, now pulling the phone away from my ear and talking to Jeffrey. I narrowed my eyes at her briefly then started putting the cookie dough in the tray.

 “In thirty minutes,” I heard Lindsay say. “Once she’s done baking.”

I raised my eyebrow at her.

“Alright. See you,” she finally said then she hung up.

“He’s coming over,” she told me casually, putting my phone in her pocket.

“What?” I exclaimed.

“Relax, Elle, it’s a good thing,” she said.

“Really?” I replied, glaring at her. I was excited about seeing Jeffrey again, but I didn’t want him to think I liked him or something.