Chapter 2

Transparent Eyes

Chapter 2

“How about Saturday?”

“Let me check, one second.” There was a pause then my mom said, “Okay, Saturday is good!”

“Kyle won’t be home, right?”

“Nope.”

“Great! See you in two days then.”

“Bye, sweetie.”

“Bye mom!” I hung up the phone and texted my dad to tell him that I will be spending Saturday at my mom’s house.

I hated visiting my mom when Kyle, her husband, was there. He would act all nice in front of my mom but I never missed his glares and disgusted looks when she wasn’t looking.

I hated that guy. He was a real jerk. I had no idea why my mom loved him. I think what makes him hate me even more is that I’m not his and he’ll never have a child with my mom.

My mom couldn’t have kids. Before I was born, she got pregnant two times but lost both babies in the fifth or sixth month and the doctors couldn’t find the reason behind it. The doctors couldn’t even understand how I was born and healthy!

A miracle, my parents said, a gift from above.

My parents loved me too much because I was the miracle, the only child they could have, but when the divorce happened I felt so unloved, so unwanted, but then my dad noticed that I would yell at my mom every time she called and that I refused to go visit her and he explained that the divorce wasn’t related to me in any way. It was between them and it doesn’t affect their love for me. When I finally understood this I was able to talk to my mom again.

Spending the day at my mom’s meant spending the day in their pool and thinking about the pool reminded me that I wanted to buy a new swimsuit for this summer. I had two from last year but I wanted a new one and since I had nothing planned today, I decided to go shop.

I didn’t like shopping with my friends a lot. I enjoyed shopping on my own because I could take my time looking through the clothes and going to the places I wanted instead of having to go to the places they wanted and leaving whenever they’re done. I was more comfortable when I was shopping on my own and I often did.

I put on my black Nike shorts, a white tank top, and my white and pink running shoes because I wanted to walk to the mall. A little exercise is always good. I didn’t exercise anymore as much as I used to before. Two years ago, I had to start a strict diet because I was overweight so I started eating less and exercising more till I lost some weight. I don’t have a perfect model body but I’m not as fat as I used to be. I’m actually normal now and I was okay with my body. I was proud with myself for losing all that weight.

I didn’t want to carry a purse with me so I put a rubber case on my iPhone and put my money inside the case. I put my keys in the pocket of my shorts along with my phone then tied my hair into a high ponytail.

The sun wasn’t too annoying outside. There were a bit of clouds and a slight breeze which made my walk easier.

I didn’t listen to music on the way because I enjoyed the sounds of birds chirping, people talking, cell phones ringing, cars passing by… I liked to notice the sounds around me instead of just walking around without really feeling like a part of this world.

The walk to the mall took me around thirty five minutes but I was fine with it. The first thing I did when I arrived to that mall was buy cold lemonade.