Episode 37: Dare (Alvin)

Theodore: Welcome back everyone! We have another dare for Alvin sent in by everestsnowpup !  Alvin has been dared to bake Brittany a red velvet cake for her birthday!

Simon: Since the Chipettes' birthday isn't for a little while, we've decided to speed this dare up a bit. Alvin and Eleanor are in the treehouse right now working on a red velvet cake.

Jeanette: Yep! Besides vanilla cake,(I mean, you can never go wrong with Vanilla), Brittany's favorite kind of cake is red velvet.

Simon: Believe it or not, I think I can recall Alvin mentioning that red velvet is also one of his own favorites...

~

Eleanor: Wow, Alvin, I'm really proud of you! You have some pretty impressive cake-decorating skills.

Alvin: Well thanks, Eleanor. But I would have gotten no where if it wasn't for your help.

Eleanor: Oh please, Alvin, you did most of this all by yourself. You just needed a little push in the right direction.

Alvin: There's gotta be something I could do to pay you back for all this.

Eleanor: (smiling) Well, you know how long I've been wanting that Deluxe Nike soccer ball for...

Alvin: (eyes narrowing) Don't push it, sister.

Eleanor: Ok ok. Then goalie practice on Saturday should be good enough for me.

Alvin: Now that is doable. Sounds like a plan.

Eleanor: Alright Alvin, Jeanette just texted me. She said Brittany just got back from the mall with Amber, and she's coming up right now.

Alvin: Nuts! What do I say? The last dare we had, Simon told Jeanette that he was using her for a dare, and that did not go very smoothly.

Eleanor: Ok, well, of course, its obvious you did this because you were dared to, right?

Alvin: Well, yeah-

Eleanor: But did you enjoy doing this for her? Or did you view it as more of a chore?

Alvin: (hesitating at first) Um, I did sorta enjoy it.

Eleanor: Exactly. You enjoyed baking Brittany a cake because the cake is for her. So, if she asks why you did it, now you know what to say.

Alvin: Wait, I do?

(The sound of Brittany unlocking the front door can be heard from the kitchen. Eleanor races upstairs to use the zip line)

Alvin: Eleanor, where are you going?

Eleanor: Hey, it's your dare, not mine! (She slides through the window. Brittany enters.)

Brittany: (Taking in the sweet scent of the air) Mmm, it smells really good in here? Watcha got baking, Ellie?

(Having nowhere to go, Alvin stands in the kitchen in front of the warm, frosted cake, wincing at the fact that Brittany thought he was Eleanor. As soon as Brittany puts her shopping bags down, she walks into the Kitchen, and does a double take as soon as she sees Alvin and the red and white cake before him. A smile creeps up her lip.)

Brittany: (Giggling, though rolling her eyes at the same time.) Oh jeez, Alvin. Who dared you to?

Alvin: (matching her smile with a raised eyebrow) What do you mean? I decided to bake you this red velvet cake from the kindness of my heart!

Brittany: (Eyes widening) That's a red velvet cake? Do you know it's my favorite? Oh, but besides-

Alvin: Vanilla, because who doesn't like vanilla?

Brittany: (a bit surprised) Uh, yeah, exactly... How did you know-?

Alvin: Fine, you got me. This was a dare.

Brittany: (fake surprise)  Shocker.

Alvin: But that doesn't mean I didn't find, uh, the whole baking thing enjoyable.

Brittany: (Finding a knife to cut the cake) Aww, well it's good to know that you baked this cake with the right mindset. I wouldn't have eaten it if it wasn't baked with love.

Alvin: (finding two plates, smirking) Really?

Brittany: Not a chance. But, thank you Alvin.