Chapter Twenty One

Hey guys! There will be an important author's note at the end! Please read! 

Thank you, 

and enjoy! 

Xoxo, Charlotte

Chapter Twenty One

"No! You're lying!" I yell, shoving him against the wall. River snarls at me, her fangs bared as I hold her mate's neck in a vice grip. I glare at him, his blue eyes staring straight into my soul as pity and sympathy are sent to me. Tears gather in them as he shakes his head and I understand he isn't lying. But I will not accept the fact. I cannot. "No! He's not dead! He's not dead!" I shout, punching his chest. I hear Mrs. Blackwood cry and Marie scream her brothers name.

"NO!" I wail and turn to run to the infirmary. Doctor James Akins stands over a cot that hold my still mate and I rush to his side. "Do something!" I scream at him. James shakes his head and takes a step back. 

"I'm so sorry, Catherine." 

"No! Don't you dare say that! Don't say that! He is not dead, do you hear me? He can't be dead." I move to stand over him and look for the defibrillator paddles to jolt his heart. When I see "AED" plastered on a case, I grab it and move to perform the procedure.

"Catherine, he lost so much blood."

"Then do a blood transfer or something! There has to be someone in this pack who has his blood type!" I growl. He opens his mouth to retort but I cut him off. "Go!" I order. He gives me a small nod before he darts from the room. 

I glance down at my peaceful mate and allow myself to pour out my emotions. I drop my head to his chest and cry out all the tears I have. "I'll bring you back, baby. I'll bring you back. You're not dead. I will not accept it." 

Two hours earlier

"The Remington pack has slaughtered one of our own. They showed no mercy, they gave no remorse. It is now our turn to return the favor. For Mark Bennett. We will avenge him! We will make them pay! They are no more powerful than us. They bleed, just like we do! Just because they are ruthless, does not mean they are stronger than we are!" Everyone cheers, drinking in his power and enthusiasm. "We will end the Remington pack! We will finish this, once and for all!" Drew lifts a fist to the air and everyone agrees, following his motion.

His eyes connect with mine and I nod. I love you forever. With that, he shifts to his wolf and I follow suit. I run up next to him and give him a nudge with my shoulder. Stay alive, Catherine.

Without another word, he leaps into a sprint and I follow suit, keeping up with him easily. I hear the warriors of the pack behind us.

It took alot of convincing from my part to join in on the fight. He was extremely reluctant but I reminded him about what he put me through last time. He gave in. I'm the only girl who is coming. River is staying home with Marie, Mrs. Blackwood and all the other women and children. 

Now, I am by my mate's side, where I belong, heading towards a battle that could break us. The Remington pack is lethal. They have no mercy. They will not hesitate to kill us. Alex's and Drew's past mean nothing to them. But I know it still means something to Drew. So I will take it upon myself to kill him. Because Drew may not be able to.

It takes us less than half an hour to make it to the Kimerling pack where my father, brother and some of the warriors join us. I give them a nod and thank them through our link.