Chapter Three

Chapter Three

River's birthday came quick and I still haven't gotten her anything. I am usually the first one to get people presents but with everything that has happened, I haven't been able too. I grow anxious and worried, that my present won't be good enough for my sister.

"We'll get her something on our way out." Drew tells me, walking behind me to give my shoulders a squeeze. I quietly moan and lean back into his hands. Drew and I have grown surprisingly close over this last week; though I still haven't let him kiss me, let alone mark me. I can tell he is getting antsy, especially when we walk around the bachelors of his pack. 

He see's them as a threat, considering they are not tied down to their own mates. But he has nothing to worry about. Why would he? He is the most handsome man I have ever had the privilege to lay my eyes on. 

I nod my head, knowing that he is right. We'll stop at a jewelry store on the way out. I love buying jewelry as gifts. Even for guys, I can get them watches or a cool shell necklace. But for River, I already know what I want to get her. A beautiful heart necklace with a simple diamond in the middle. 

After meeting Drew's mother, I understood. I understand now where he's kindness comes from. It was clearly obvious that it did not come from his crude father. Both Drew and Marie are angels. And so is his mother. She has the same color hair as Drew and his sister-brunette. John Blackwood has black hair and brown eyes. His dark interior matches the color of his black heart. 

Drew's mother accepted me before she really met me. She embraced me in a tight hug when Drew introduced us and welcomed me into the family. I never felt so welcome here. 

Maire is sad that Drew and I are leaving. There isn't a doubt in the world that Drew and his little sister are incredibly close. She looks up to him and he protects her. I have always wanted an older brother. Because if Phoenix, being younger than me, is as protective as he is, I wonder how an older brother would act.

"Come, we should get going." Drew grabs our bags with one hand and then my own hand in his other. He leads me down the stairs where Mrs. Blackwood bid us farewell and Marie gave us both warm hugs. As we get to the Dodge Ram, I open the bed of the truck and allow Drew to slid our bags in. He has a cover over the back to nothing flies out. 

As he closes the door to the bed, I hear footsteps approach us and I instantly back away before my instincts kick in again and hurt another member of the pack. But when I see the blond man, I feel guilty. He has healed completely from the beating I gave him, but I still feel awful. I don't even know this man's name.

"Are you off?" He asks Drew. Drew looks at the blond man for a minute before pulling me close to his side and nodding. 

"Yeah, man. Are you alright with handling the runs without me?" Drew gives him a snarky grin and I realize this man is is best friend. The one who always runs with him. I beat up my mates best friend....

"I'm sorry!" I exclaim, drawing both of their attention towards me. I give him a soft smile. "I'm sorry for attacking you. I really didn't know..." I trail off, feeling a blush crawl up my cheeks. The blond laughs as Drew pulls me even closer and places a kiss to the side of my head.

"Don't worry about it, Cat. My names Liam by the way." He sticks his hand out and I eye his hand for a moment before reaching over and shaking it. It's warm around my own and I believe he held on longer than he should have because Drew lets out a growl and pulls me away from him.

"Keep your hands to yourself, mate." Drew says to Liam. Blondie give Drew a cocky smirk before slapping him on the shoulder. 

"Go, enjoy being harassed by your mate's family. I'll see you in a few days." With that, he runs off before shifting into his brown wolf. What Liam said confuses me. Harassed? I look up at Drew with my eyebrows pulled together.