Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Drew stares at me with uncertain, surprised eyes. He wasn't expecting it; I don't blame him. I've been bipolar over the last few weeks, no wonder he was hesitant to meet my pack. I displayed a poor reflection on what the Kimerling pack is actually like. Drew took my anxiety and isolation as a negative connotation towards my family. 

He knew how much I loved them, it was obvious. But he was cautious, not sure how this pack runs things. Drew could have believed my parents taught me to be quiet and reserved-the complete opposite of himself. 

I want to apologize, for giving him false representation of who I really am and who my family is. I am dependent and stubborn, but I am also gentle and open-minded. Well, I try to be open-minded. Being whisked away from the only family I knew was kind of a slap to the face. 

I grab the back of Drew's head and pull him closer so his lips are placed just below my ear. Drew's chest vibrated against my own, causing my stomach to clench in anticipation. I close my eyes and moan, urging him own to do it already. I want to be his. "I love you." He whispers before he sinks his canines into my neck. I growl at the slight pinch of pain before I fall into a comfortable bed of bliss. I wrap my arms around Drew as he injects his DNA into my blood, making us one-or one step closer. 

When he pulls back, retracting his teeth from my skin, I moan at the loss and instantly feel cold. I stare up at my mate, reveling in the crooked grin placed on his face. He is so handsome. 

Drew lowers his head and swipes his tongue over the mark, sealing the wound and igniting hot passion that crawls through my veins. He places kisses along the column of my neck, before going across my collarbone and up to my lips. A smile stretches across my face. There are no words to describe how completely happy I feel right now. 

"It's time for bed." I hear Drew say before he rolls off of me. I watch my mate as he shucks off his shirt and pants, leaving himself in only his boxer briefs. My eyes widen at his beauty. I am never going to get over his body, he is simply too magnificent! 

Drew turns off the light and situates himself in bed before he opens his arms to me as an invitation. One I could not ignore. 

I cuddle close to him, laying my head on his chest and placing my arm over his chiseled stomach. Drew wraps an arm around me, his hand resting on my shoulder. We lay there, listening to the sounds of the night as he rubs circles on my arm. I could get used to this. Drew is my first boyfriend- I never wanted to date when I knew my mate was out there, waiting for me. It wasn't fair. 

That reminds me... I know nothing of Drew and his past relationships. Actually... I know hardly anything about him. I frown before I look up at him. His forest green eyes meet mine, glowing through the night. "Did you ever have a girlfriend?" I ask him, propping myself up on his chest. Drew stares at me for a long moment, not saying anything. I begin to think he didn't hear me, but that's crazy. Even a human could have heard me. 

Drew lets out a gusty sigh before he leans back and looks up at the ceiling. His answer was obvious. He had a girlfriend before me. Maybe many. My mate did not wait for me. I lay my head back on his chest and staring into the darkness. It hurts me, to know that he couldn't wait for me. What if he is no longer a virgin? What if he already gave himself to another woman, when he was supposed to give himself to me?

I couldn't help the tears that came down my cheeks. I feel childish, weak. I am the Chosen. I am not supposed to cry. Not over something in the past. I feel Drew move under me and I resist the urge to hold him close and bawl my eyes out. 

"Catherine..." He whispers softly, grabbing my chin in a firm but gentle grip. Drew lifts my head and turns me to face him. I can see his face almost clearly now, my eyes adjusting to the darkness. "Please don't cry, love." He says, brushing my tears away with his thumbs. I try to look away from him, not wanting our eyes to meet. I don't want him to know how weak I can really be.