Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Drew's calm breathing relaxes me as I rest my head on his chest, feeling the up and down motions that are nearly putting me to sleep. He plays with the ends of my hair, twisting them around his finger as we lay silently together. There was no need for words, we are completely content with each others company.

I trace the scars on his stomach, from when he fought with his father a few days ago. They have fully healed, yet they left nasty scars in their place. I don't like the fact that Drew was hurt, no matter the reason. 

Warm lips press against my forehead and I let out a satisfied moan, tilting my head back to smile up at my handsome mate. Drew traces my jawline with his fingertips, staring intently in my eyes. The raw passion and love I see with in them, causes my stomach to churn and butterflies to flutter. He has always caused such reactions from me. 

"I lov-" Drew's cut off by the ringing of my new cell phone. Drew bought me a new one since I threw mine at a wall. I give him an apologetic smile as I roll over to grab it from the nightstand and look down to see it's my father calling. I debate on if I should answer it or not. After all, we did end things pretty ugly if I do say so myself. 

I end up answering it and place the phone to my ear. "Hello?" 

"Catherine, I need you home, NOW!" My father orders with urgency laced in his voice. His alpha tone nearly makes me hop out of bed and hurry back to my old back. If it wasn't for Drew's warm arms around me, I would have. My mate tenses under me as he obviously listens in to the conversation. 

"Why is that?" I ask, trying to sound calm, not wanting to cause anymore dispute between my father and me. 

"Your mate has declared war with the Remington pack. So I repeat, come back to your real family." My father bites out, cold venom pouring from his tongue. I hear Drew let out a growl and I tilt my head back to look at him again. He shakes his head and grabs my phone.

"Mr. Ross, this is Drew Blackwood. I have not and never will declare war on you. Though you did threaten to kill me, you are my mate's father and I would never hurt you as such. My father has declared war on you because of said actions. I have decided for Catherine's safety, that she will not partake in this dispute. She will stay here with me." Drew's tone is very low and informative. He leaves no room for negotiation.

"She is my daughter, Drew. She does as I say-"

"She is my mate and if you even try to take her away from me, so help me God, it will be me ripping your throat out. Not my father." Drew hangs the phone up and throws it to the ground. His breathing picks up and I notice his canines fall into place. He begins to seethe as he runs a hand through his hair.

"Drew, calm down." I place a hand on his chest. My plea is ineffective as he looks over at me. His eyes darken.

"I will be damned if I let anyone take you from me." He grabs me and pulls me close, so close that my ribs are on the verge of breaking. 

"Sh." I manage to move my hand and place a finger on his lips. "Sh. It's okay, Drew. No one is taking me away from you, okay?" I say, trying to calm him down. I caress his face and give him a small smile when his breathing slows and his eyes go back to the familiar green. 

"I love you, Catherine. So much that I will not allow an ounce of danger to be bestowed upon you. Therefore, you will stay home while this war happens." I shake my head quickly but Drew ignores me. "You will stay with the women and children, understood?"

"No! Drew, this is my family we're talking about! I can't just sit back allow you to kill them!" I cry, sitting up so I'm looking down at him. Drew's eyes never leave mine as he furrows his eyebrows.