Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I wake up encased in warm arms, keeping me in place. My head in on a chest, I can tell by the rise and fall of it and the steady heart beat that takes place under my ear. My hand skims the chest of the male underneath me and my wolf revels in the fact that we have such a strong mate. 

I tilt my head back so my eyes meet his chin and I smile. Even his jawline is strong and fierce. I can't help myself as I reach up and skim my fingers along the angle of it. Drew shifts a little under me but I know he isn't awake because he gives me a little snore which I find completely adorable. I crane my neck and manage to twist my body so I can look at his sleeping face. He is so handsome. I could stare at him all day if I could. 

A knock at the door startles me, causing me to jump and wake Drew up. He holds me impossibly close, as if to protect me. He lets out a low growl and snaps, "What?!" at the person behind the door. It creaks open a bit and I hear Drew release a sigh when a small brunette girl walks into the room. She has tears gathered in her eyes as she looks at Drew.

"I-I'm sorry, Drew. I just wanted to meet your mate." The little girl stutters in a quiet voice. I can't help but smile and sit up as Drew gets out of bed and picks her up.

"That's alright Marie. Cat, this is my sister, Marie. She was out camping with some of her friends." Drew explains to me. The smile stays plastered on my face as I watch Drew interact with his sister. "And Catherine is my mate, Marie. You are to treat her with respect." Drew tells her, meeting my eyes with a goofy grin on his face. I laugh and shake my head. Drew places her on her feet when she wiggles to get down.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Catherine!" Marie exclaims, sticking her hand out for me to shake. Oh my, she is so adorable. 

"The pleasure is all mine." I coo at her. She giggles and looks up at her big brother. 

"She's pretty!" Marie says. I blush a deep red and turn my head to avoid Drew's piercing green eyes. I don't want to know what he is thinking. 

It's silent for a moment and I am forced to peek at my mate and his sister. They are staring at each other and it is obvious that they are speaking through their mind link. I've never felt so left out... 

"Thank you Marie. You're very pretty as well." I tell her. She snaps her head to me and gives me a goofy grin. She is so adorable with her top front tooth missing. Marie hops up and down, clapping her hands. 

"Did you hear that Drew?! I'm pretty!" She squeals, throwing her hands in the air. Drew chuckles softly as he watches his sister and I can't help but laugh along with him. Seeing Drew act so good with kids is comforting. It means he will be a great father to our kids. Wow... am I really thinking about that right now?! 

Moments later, Marie leaves when her mother calls for her. I am yet to meet his mother as well. She must have gone camping with Marie. I watch the little girl exit the room while Drew's eyes burn a hole to the side of my head. "She likes you." He tells me. 

"She's the only one." I murmur, wincing when I realize I actually said that. Feeling incredibly embarrassed and ridiculous, I get to my feel and make a move to the bathroom but stopped short when Drew grabs my arm. I let out a breath, preparing myself for his Alpha wolf to snap at me. I'm shocked when he doesn't, when he is infact very calm and collected.

"I like you." He says softly. My eyes meet his and I let out a soft sigh. I am such a brat. I nod my head quickly and hurry over to wrap my arms around his waist. 

"I'm sorry. I'm not really like this, I swear. I used to be fun." I whisper, leaning my head back to look up at him. Drew places his hands on my hips, giving me an apologetic smile. I hate that he feels the need to apologize. He doesn't. There is absolutely nothing he has to apologize for. He is my mate, it is only natural for the female to move in with their mate.