Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Drew's eyes connect with mine and they burn with lust. I can feel the heat of his passion rolling off of him and hitting me in waves. My hormones go into over drive and I instantly realize I'm in heat. I wonder why it took me so long to notice... Drew has always been so civil when it came to kissing. 

But what happened outside, just an hour ago...that was anything but. Now he's all moody, hardly saying a word and looking at me as if I'm a piece of chocolate cake! I bite my bottom lip, tempted to leap into his arms and have my way with him until sunrise. Drew lets out a low growl, causing me to jump. He opens his arms and I hurriedly accept his invitation. 

I lay my head on his arm, resting on my back. His warm chest presses against my side as he gazes down at me. I shift, feeling slightly uncomfortable... but only Drew can take the discomfort away. He hovers over me, blanketing my whole body and he rests on his forearms. Drew doesn't wait for me to get situated or process exactly what is happening. He dives in, kissing me with such fervor, I can barely keep up. 

My hands lock into his hair and I moan, against his hot mouth. I can feel his canines through the kiss, letting me know that Drew is only hanging on by a thread, that his wolf is on the verge of taking over. And once that happens, there's no stopping. 

I hitch a leg around his waist and tilt my head back to breathe, causing Drew to kiss down my neck and towards my collarbone. He nips a few times along the way, setting off sparks of delight. I moan, my eyes rolling behind my head as I arch against his mouth. I feel his fingers grasp my calf tightly before he skims his fingers up to my thigh and under his boxers. They rest on my hip and I forget how to breathe. What is he doing to me? 

Deciding to do some exploring of my own, I place my hands on his sculpted chest and allow myself to get the pleasure of feeling my mate. Every plane of his chest causes my stomach to clench in anticipation. He is surely a god. I don't know where he came from, but he is Apollo and he has stolen my heart. 

When Drew's hand travels more North, up to my breasts, a warning bell goes off and I use the hand on his chest to push him off. He lets out a soft groan. "Drew, we-"

"Sh. I know, baby. I know." He rests his forehead against mine, eyes closed as he takes a few calming breaths. I lay there, wrapping my arms around his broad structure, not surprised when my fingers barely meet. 

"I'm sorry." I whisper, feeling as if I had let him down. How hard is it to give yourself to your mate? I mean, it usually happens within the first week of meeting. But everything seems to be prolonged with us. Drew hadn't even marked me yet within the first week. 

My mother told me she waited as well. A very long time; months. I was surprised, considering how demanding my father is. 

"Don't be sorry, Cat. We will wait as long as you need." He rolls off of me but grabs me around the waist and pulls me flush against his chest. I listen to the soft thumps of his heart as I lay in his arms. 

I draw circles on his chest, watching my finger as I do, but my mind wanders off to the battle John is so eager to have. I think about my father, about how much I love him and I don't want any harm to come to him. Even though he did ruin the Colorado pack and threatened my mate. But he is still my dad and it is hard to believe that the man that held me when I was a baby and made jokes with me many years ago, is the same man that killed Mark Bennett. 

No one deserves to die, not even murderers. We should all be given a second chance to make right what has been made wrong. I mean, how do we know my father keeps killing rogues? How do we know he didn't stop long ago, seeking forgiveness?