A promise of return

"Jeff..."

"What?"

"Your coloring it all wrong!"

"Ugh... see? This is why I don't paint, or draw, or any of that artistic crap."

I looked over to see his 'attempt' of drawing a stick figure."Wow... you can't even draw a stick figure?" I said, biting my lip. "That's pretty sad."

He looked down at it for a minute. "Okay- I give up, can I read a book instead?"

"No! We've got to see if your a hidden musician now!!"I said, jumping up and walking over to the corner of my room to get my electric guitar.

"Please don't do anything stupid to my guitar.."

I wont! God- make it sound like you can't trust me.

And not to mention, she's been nah-nahing me all day long. School was a pain in the ass, trying to get into my illusion form. I wish she would just shut up.

"I don't know anything about guitar!!" Groaned Jeff, putting his face into my pillow on my bed.

"Sure you do!!" I said, bringing the instrument to the bed.

"Look- I know how to play Rainbow Factory by Wooden Toaster! See?" I said, strumming the guitar and playing the notes. "Or- does this sound familiar?" I said, playing a song.

He hesitated and the knew what it was. "Very funny."

"It's your theme song! Sweet dreams by Marilyn Mansion!" I said.

"Huh... Well, I am bored. Can we do something else?" He asked, not even willing to give the guitar a try.

"I know!" I said, reaching over him and grabbing my Morningstar.

"Let's go let some guts fly!! Yeah!!"

"Okay... I suppose that's something I can do." He joked.

"Then let us be on out way." I said, opening the glass door to the balcony. "Letgo!!"

***

I tiptoed in the woods, being as quiet as possible. I normally don't give two fucks, but not even fifteen feet away from me was a little girl.

Jeff hovered behind me, his knife in his hand, and he was eyeing the girl as well.

Suddenly, I heard a crack.

The girl heard it too, and turned around and called to us.

"W-Who's there?" She whimpered. She looked eleven or twelve, and was dirty.

I turned around and mouthed to Jeff 'Was that you?' He shook his head.

Almost immediately, I saw a giant blur of darkness, and growls and screaming filled the air.

"What the fuck was that?!" I heard Jeff call.

I ignored him, and tried to focus on what I just saw. Its seemed like a second later, the girls body feel right in front of us.

We froze. Then, I felt something warm in my hair. I reached my fingers to touch it, and brought them back to see blood.

I then looked up, and above me was Angel.

"Vicious, stay back, I'll kill it." Growled Jeff, moving forward with his knife.

"Jeff, stop! You can't beat Angel!!"

"...Angel?" He said.

I took a step to the giant dog, and rubbed it's chest.

"So sorry I didn't introduce you two, Jeff, this is Angel. Angel, Jeff."