Puppy Luv: Chapter 14

Evelyn POV

"So, what's this for again?" I asked Alice as she fussed with my stringy hair.

"Now that you're in on the secret, the fun part kicks in." Nessie answered from her spot in the closet.

"What do you mean fun part? So far all I've done is sit here and let you make me your Barbie doll."

"I know how you feel." Bella said sympathetically while she filed through dresses Alice had already lain out. They were all casual in looks, but no doubt they were worth more than my entire wardrobe pulled together. "Alice, she really doesn't need any of this. What's she's wearing is perfectly fine. I practically went in a t shirt and jeans."

"And that's because I wasn't there to stop you. Well not this time." Then she ignored everyone and resumed to focusing on my hopeless hair.

"Where am I going anyways?" I asked, getting ready to burst from anticipation.            

"It's a surprise." Nessie said, focusing on the clothes.

I shot a pleading look at Bella, but she gave me an apologetic look and shrugged her shoulders. I sighed and stared down at my lap.

Eventually Seth and I had to go in. I probably resembled a sponge with all the water I soaked up when I walked inside. Seth introduced me to the pack first. Well, packs if you wanna be technical. First there was Jacob's pack. It consisted of Jacob, Leah, Seth, Quil, and Embry. Then there was Sam's pack. It had Sam, Paul, Jared, Collin, Brady, and maybe a few others. I couldn't exactly remember them all. It was hard enough telling one apart from the other.

Seth was right; Leah wasn't as peppy as she used to be. I have a feeling the whole drama thing had something to do with the werewolf thing. All of the guys welcomed me into the family right away. It was like I was one of them already.

Seth explained that the whole separate pack thing started when Bella was pregnant with Renesmee. Jacob defended her while the others wanted to hurt her, afraid of what Renesmee would be like. Seth and Leah followed behind him. When Nessie was born something happened that changed everything and they were all friends again. But the packs remained the same, aside for Embry and Quil joining Jake. When I asked Seth what changed everything he said I'd find out later.

Next came the Cullens. I don't think I'll ever forget any of them. They were all amazingly beautiful. They were almost as welcoming as the wolves. It was mainly Rosalie who completely ignored me. Bella said not to worry; that she was like that to all newcomers. Emmet was cool about it. Esme and Carlisle were as hospitable as any parents would be. Edward was too worried about the vampire for me to tell if he liked me. Apparently, he can usually read minds of anyone. So far there have only been two minds that have kept him at bay: Bella, and the new vampire. Jasper stayed away from me, but Alice said that was normal. She was-obviously- more than happy to treat me like anyone else. Bella was helpful. She had been through the whole thing not long before me.

So there I was sitting there clueless as they fussed over my hair and clothes. Renesmee was determined to find another outfit aside from the ones Alice had lain out. Obviously wherever I was being sent was too casual for Alice's taste.

Alice had somehow managed to fix my hair up in this really cute hairstyle bunched up on my head. When she reached for a clip on the dresser I was about to tell her that it wouldn't work. I had tried to fix up my hair like that many times before, but it never stayed. I opened up my mouth but then closed it. She probably wouldn’t have listened to me, so why bother? I let her figure it out for herself.

She grabbed the clip and put in my hair. And the style stayed- for about two seconds. Then the clip fell out and hair tumbled out into its original form.