Puppy Luv: Chapter 3

Seth POV 

There I sat, completely bored, sitting in Jacob’s garage. He was working on his Rabbit (again) and Nessie sat in the corner reading a book (my summer novel to be exact). And what was I doing? Shifting a slinky back and forth on my hands.

Nessie looked up from the book and stared at me like was crazy. Which was what I probably would be by the end of the summer at this rate.

“Uh, Seth, what are you doing?” Nessie asked me, closing the book and walking over to me.

“Trying to resolve my boredom.” I said, still focused on the slinky.

“Well here’s a more practical way to resolve it.” She took the slinky and replaced it with the book. “I finished.”

“But you barely started.”

“I would’ve been done earlier but your boredom was distracting me.

“Hey here’s an idea.” I said, throwing the book back at her. She caught it of course, “How about you write the report for me too?”

“How about I don’t?” she laughed, tossing it back at me.

“Fine.” I said, looking at the front cover. It was House Made of Dawn my Scott Momady. I had no idea what it was about, but I guess I was about to.

I had barely opened the book and read the first few words when Billy came in, being pushed by Bella with Alice at her side. Nessie was the first to speak up.

“Hi Billy, mom, Alice.”

“Hello Nessie.” Billy said, smiling at her.

“Come on Renesmee, time to go home.” Bella said. She was the only one that didn’t like calling Renesmee Nessie, but I didn’t see the big deal about it.

“Okay.” She threw the slinky down on the floor and hurried over to them. “Bye Jake, Seth.” She waved.

“Does she have to leave?” Jacob said, turning his attention away from the car for the first time that day.

“Yes, she does.” Alice said pretending to be annoyed. At least, I think she was pretending.

“Did you want something Billy?” I asked, knowing he usually didn’t like to come out to the garage.

“Yes, thank you for asking Seth.” He said, stressing my name.

“Kiss up.” Jacob muttered, but I just ignored him.

“Do you two remember Jack Deloria’s daughter Evelyn?”

I racked by brain for a ding or a light bulb, but got nothing.

“I think I do,” Jacob said, scratching his head, “She had that black hair and the golden eyes, right?”

“Oh yeah.” I said, the light bulb dinging, “I remember her. She used to come here every summer, but then she stopped.”

“That’s her. Jack told me last week that she was coming today, and I think it would be a good idea if you boys made her feel welcome.”

“We can do that.” Jacob answered. I nodded in agreement.

“Looks like you’ve got something else to this summer Seth.” Nessie said.

“Yeah, I here she’s a dog person,” Alice started, and I knew where it was going, “She should take you guys real fast.”

We both just glared at her, and I was tempted to stick my tongue out.

“Who knows,” Bella said, “you might get lucky Seth.”

“If she has no other options.” Jacob said quietly. He should know better. I threw the first thing I found and threw it at his head: The hardcover book in my hand. Great. I just killed whatever brain cells he had left. I thought as he tackled me to the ground.