Puppy Luv : Chapter 4

Evelyn POV

The plane ride was way too long. I was tempted to get out of my seat and floor it to Forks. The only thing that kept me from doing it was my not so vast knowledge of airplanes and fear of being mistaken as a terrorist.

The feeling I had when I boarded the plane hadn’t completely gone away, but it numbed out. I wasn’t sure if things would change for the better or for the worse. Oh well, guess I’ll have to wait and find out. I thought.

I was halfway asleep when I could see the first glimpse of Forks. Everything was so green and beautiful. Like Paradise. It wasn’t raining, but there were plenty of clouds everywhere. When the plane touched down I wanted to jump out the emergency door, but I restrained myself. I was the first one off though, I made sure of that. I only had two bags: One with all my clothes (I don’t have a lot of clothes), and one with all my stuff. Like my i-pod nano, my sketch pad, bathroom supplies, and Angel’s toys and bed (it’s just a blanket).

I didn’t want to bring that much stuff, so I only brought what I really needed. The cold air hit me head on, but I embraced it head on. The cold made me feel at home. I looked around and smiled at familiar scenery. It was all coming back to me.

I hurried inside with my things and started to string my way through the people toward the exit. My dad said he’d be waiting for me in the pickup area in his pickup truck. Ah how I missed that truck!

The cold came back to me as I stepped out again. As I searched the crowd for my dad, my eyes landed on two boys. And man did they stand out. They were both huge. Like seven feet tall. And they were tan. A quality I like. Plus they were ripped. Not only that, but they were shirtless and barefoot. But their faces were pretty too. Especially the shorter one’s.

My dad’s voice drew my attention away from them.

“Evy?” he called.

I looked to where the voice came from and saw my dad. Exactly the way I left him. Six foot five with dark skin I wish I had and the black, starting to gray hair I always loved.

“Daddy!” I cried like a little girl, running up to him and jumping into his open arms. “I missed you so much!” I said, my voice muffled into his t shirt.

“I missed you too, Evy.” He said, holding me close.

We pulled apart and I smiled up at him. He smiled back at me and put an arm around my shoulders.

“So, do you remember Seth Clearwater and Jacob Black?” he asked, leading me toward his truck.

“Of course.” I answered, “Are they here?”

“Yep, right over there.”

He pointed at the shirtless boys, and at first I thought he was pointing somewhere else. But then I realized they were standing next to my dad’s truck.

“That’s them? They’ve changed so much!” I said, still in disbelief.

“Yeah, they have haven’t they? But remember, they’re good kids, but-,”

“I know, I know, they’re still boys. Don’t worry.” Yeah, I thought, if average guys back home don’t want me, I doubt any insanely hot guy here will want me.

“Hey boys!” My dad called, and both guys stopped talking to each other and looked at us. “The one on the right is Jacob, and the one on the left is Seth. In case you couldn’t tell.” He whispered to me, making me giggle. He was right, I couldn’t tell.

I looked at them and smiled. But as Jacob smiled and waved I could’ve sworn I saw Seth’s eyes widen and let a small gasp.