Afterword

The 99 Poem Challenge
Fox-Trot-9

Afterword

Whoa... I can't believe I actually finished this! ( O_O ) I'm literally fighting the urge to cry right now, because this has been the most challenging and rewarding poem collection in my career as a poet. I have changed so much since I started this poetry challenge with Warrior_Prophet back in 2011, and the world is a far different place now from what it was back then. Things have changed all around me, and I myself have changed with the times, but my resolve to complete this poem collection has stayed the same. My poetry output has waxed and waned over the years, but my will to write (prose or poetry) remains undaunted.

Honestly, when I look back on all the poems I've written and posted onto this site just this year, I am still shocked at the amount. I think I have a little over 500 poem posted onto this site (Wattpad), among my other writing projects, but these 99 poems hold a special place in my poetry folio. Each piece in this collection has challenged me in ways that I could scarcely imagine when I first started it all those years ago. It's been a labor of love, this collection. And though I've sometimes bemoaned my poetic ambitions in this challenge, I know for a fact that I come away from from this poetry challenge a better poet and perhaps a better person. I've wrestled with words as I have wrestled with life—with dignity, with courage, and with love. It was a struggle, but it was a beautiful struggle. A struggle I hope to continue for years to come.

Hope you enjoy this collection, reader. And for you poets out there, I dare you take this challenge. What I can do, you can do also.

Yours truly,

Foxy

(The End...)