twenty-nine

this is the most long fanfic i have ever written oh

4 chapters + epilogue

______________________________________

Ashton looked at the magazine in his hotel room. He was sitting in the couch, just staring down at it and not knowing what to say about the front page. Michael had arrived with it earlier but left the room as soon as he delivered it - Ashton didn't know why, they were rooming together anyway.

LOVE ON SET: Luke Hemmings and Ashton Irwin - close friendship or intimate romance?

He continued to stare down at the front page and wondered if he should open it or not. There were two photos from the arrival at the airport in Cape Town a few days ago where they were quite close. Luke had his arm around Ashton's shoulder while the smaller boy cuddled to him with a smile. Next to it was another one on the same moment but Luke was kissing Ashton's hair.

Kisses on the head were simple, giving it didn't mean there was any romance going on between the two of them. There is something like that going on between them but the media doesn't know that - what Ashton thinks is that since the media doesn't know what is going on they basically made it up. He can't say much, he didn't even take a look at the article to see if there are even more stuff.

"Hey." Luke said, getting in the room and looking at Ashton with a smile "What's going on?"

"Have you read this?" Ashton asked, showing him the magazine.

Luke shook his head "No, not yet. I didn't even know about it, is it bad?"

"I don't know I haven't read. But... they can't just assume there is something going on between us without evidence right?"

Luke nods "To be honest with you I don't even know what is going on between us. Also, this is honestly not a conversation I want to have right now because I'm a little bit bothered by that thing."

Ashton nods "What are you here for then?"

"I just wanted to say good morning." Luke said, smiling and kissing Ashton's cheek "And that I'll see you on set this afternoon, I can't wait to see you on that dress."

Ashton looked down with a smile and a light blush on his cheek. Luke caressed his cheek with his thumb and lifted Ashton's head up, kissing him slowly. Ashton closed his eyes and fought the urge to smile when Luke bumped their noses and pecked Ashton's lips. What was really going on between them?

"I'll see you later, gotta leave now." Luke said "How about we go to the planetarium in the next days? Just you and me."

Ashton bit his bottom lip "Like a date?"

"Of course." Luke said with a smirk, pecking Ashton's lips and leaving the room.

Ashton sat down in the green couch again and reached for the magazine, not containing his curiosity and anxiety. He looked at the first page and went to the one where the article began which was page 8. He read the title that was basically the same thing as the one in the front page and looked at the pictures, noticing there were from everywhere.

From the first time they went to that restaurant to the airport in Sydney, the time he went to his hotel room and even the yatch party. It scared him a little, this people were like stalkers. He read the dates in bit his bottom lip, feeling nervous at the descriptions. His eyes went to the beginning of the article and thanked God it was rather small, most of it were pictures. Teen magazines am I right?