Chapter 21: Flashback

[Warning: This is a flashback filler chapter while I scrounge up ideas for this story. Its gonna be super cute though, so stick around, yo.]

Today is the day. It's October 18th, 2010. The day in which I finally meet my best friend, Jerome. After daily Skype calls and texts for the past few years, I'm sitting on a plane headed straight to New Jersey.

I wonder i if he's as cute in person. There's just something about him that I can't help but love, not that I  would ever tell him that. Maybe it's the smile, or his cute big nose, but he draws me into him without even trying.

I'm not saying I'm in l love with him, but in all honesty, I think I am. The way I get butterflies every time his face shows up on my screen. The way his little jokes over text make me smile the whole day long. The way I'm happy with life right now, because he's in it.

If that's what love is, I never want to stop loving. Because to stop loving would mean to be without Jerome.

"This is your captain speaking, the flight will be landing in 10 minutes. Please turn off all electronics and fatten your seat belts. Thank you for flying Air Canada."

I'm nearly jumping out of my seat I'm so excited. What do I do when I see him? Do I go for the email wave and the smirk that makes girls melt, or do I just give up the cool guy act and run at him full speed with a hug?

The plane lands, and I get with a sudden wave of nerves. What if he forgot to pick me up? Or what if he sees me and is disappointed?

I grab my carry on bag with a sigh and head into the terminal. As I walk out into the airport, Jerome is no where to be seen. I crane my head, and see that one of the hired chauffers is holding a sign that says 'Mitchell Hughes'. Jerome's not here, but at least I have a ride to his place.

"Excuse me, sir," I say, "I'm Mitchell Hughes." He shakes my hand and just as we're about to head to baggage claim, a voice comes from right behind me.

"Where do you think you're going?" he says, and I spin around. JEROME IS HERE! He turns to the man behind me and shouts "Thanks, Mr. Miller!" as he walks off.

"Biggums! You're here!" I say, hugging him. He seems shocked at first, but quickly returns the hug. He laughs as I squeeze him once more before letting go.

"Of course I am, Mitch. I would never leave you alone."

[THIS CHAPTER WAS SO FUN TO WRITE AND I JUST SQUEALED THE WHOLE TIME. Seriously, though, I love writing fluff so much.]