Chapter 15: Ashley

**Jerome's POV**

"Out," I say, slamming the door behind me. I walk towards the stairs, hearing Mitch call after me. I ignore him, because I really need some time alone.

Ashley? Of all people? I let out a scream, but it sounds more like a growl.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and walk out the door. I get to my truck and turn the key, slamming the driver's door. Then Mitch appears, getting into the seat beside me. 

"Woah, there, Biggums. You think I'd ever leave you alone?" he says, tilting my chin so I'm looking straight into his eyes. His beautiful, big, chocolate eyes.

I break into sobs. He pulls me into him and I bury my face in his chest, letting out all the frustrations I've been holding in. My entire body shakes, and I look like a mess, but he doesn't care. He just holds me there like nothing is wrong with this situation.

I look up at him and he looks like he's trying to hide the fact that he is hurt. 

"Ashley texted me," Isay, and I don't know if I can even continue. I take a deep breathe and keep talking," She told me that she really loved you, and she thought the two of you were together. She was heartbroken, Mitch. How could you do that?"

"I-- I didn't mean to, Jerome. When she told me she liked me, I went out with her because I thought she would be distraction from you. And then, when we got together, I didn't have a single thought about her. I feel like such an awful person," he says, starting to cry.

I can't bare to see him so upset. I nod and give him a soft kiss on the forehead.

"You, know, Mitch? You don't need to tell me this. I'll forgive you no matter what you do, I promise. But, you need to talk to Ashley," I say, whispering into his ear.

He nods and gets out of the car. I grab his hand and we decide to ride the elevator back up, instead of taking the stairs. As we reach the door, I open it for him, gesturing for him to go in first. 

I sit on the couch and he gives me a hug and a sad smile. He walks into the bedroom and I can hear him say, "Hey, Ashley?" before he closes the door. I curl up my knees to my chest and fall asleep right there.