Chapter 16: What is happening?

(I really don't want to write this chapter. Mitch being all sad, and Ashley being all broken and stuff. Ugh. But, its better than what I intended to do when I started this ff. I swear I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER do what I was going to do. I couldn't dare write that. Well, let's go cry!)

**Mitch's POV** 

I dial Ashley's number. I already feel like shit. I hear her pick up the phone and say, "Hello?"

"Hey, Ashley? It's Mitch." I say, and I know I shouldn't have called her.

"What do you want?" She snaps. I should have seen that coming but I can barely think of a reply.

"I-- I'm-- I didn't--- I'm such a huge ass!" I almost yell, running my hands through my hair .

"I know," she says coldly. "Is that all you have to say? I don't really want to talk to you."

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Ash. I just really like you, but as a friend," I start rambling, "A week or two again, I decided that I would pretend to be straight because I couldn't have Jerome. I thought that because we were so close everyone would think it was real.

"But then Jerome just came in and told me he loved me and I was so shocked and I don't even know if you'll ever forgive me. Jesus, I am so sorry Ash! I can't possibly put in words how I feel right now."

I hear a sort of wimper and then the line goes quiet. She hung up.

I go out in the living room, and tears are already coming out of my eyes. Jerome grabs me and pulls me into his arms, and I just stand there. Not sobbing, just being completely still.

She must hate me. She loved me, and I took advantage of her. I remember a few days before Jerome came out.

"Mitch," she said through the skype call, "you are the best thing that has ever happened to me." By that time, the act had taken over me to the point when I was some weird straight Mitch that was never supposed to exist.

Now I am just shaking in Jerome's arms, unaware of how long I have been there. The moment plays over and over in my head. Now Ashley hates me, and Jerome and I only seem to communicate by crying. My life is a mess, and I would do anything to get it straight. Except losing him.

(WRITER'S NOTE: Hey, on a happy note, we've hit 60+ reads! Just wanted to say thanks for the support :) As always, Jenna out)