Chapter 11: Kate

** Kate's POV**

"Mitch? What are you doing up?" I say, putting my hair up in a ponytail for school.

"There's been some stuff going on lately that I haven't told you, but I'm going tell let you in on everything," he says. I'm confused, because it's not like him to keep things from me.

I say ,"Okay." And he goes off rambling. He tells me about the recording, the phone calls, his sudden trip to NJ that I was very confused about, Jerome's dad, and the awful dream he just had

By the time he's finished, I think we're both in tears. I can hear Jerome comforting Mitch on the other end. I clear my throat and try to speak, letting out a small whisper instead.

"Mitch, will you put me on speaker phone? I'd like to speak with Jerome."

Mitch mumbles a "Uh-huh" and Jerome makes sure we can hear each other fine.

"Alright, you guys," I say, trying to sound more stable than I am right now, " As long as you both are happy, I'm happy."

I hear two big sighs of relief on the other land and I laugh a little.

"However, Jerome, if you hurt a hair on my Mitchy's head, your done for." I say, hoping they realize I'm joking.

Seconds pass, and as I go to explain myself, Mitch laughs harder than I've heard him laugh in a long time.

"Alright, Kate. We've gotta head out," Mitch says with a giggle in his voice still.

"You two be good!" I say.

"Okay, okay. Talk to you soon," Jerome says. He sounds so happy with Mitch.

"Bai, Katie." And then the phone call ends. He hasn't called me Katie since Dad's funeral. I can tell that the old Mitch is coming back to us. Thank goodness he has Jerome, or I don't know what we would do.

(WRITER'S NOTE: More Kate in the near future? Maybe. Actually, probably not. I don't reallly know where she would fit in. Unless you want a MEROME WEDDING! Is it foreshadowing? You'll never know. at least until there's a chapter about a Merome wedding. If ther even is one. 1D fic gets started on either Saturday or Sunday. YOU'RE WELCOME BREANNA.  Jenna out)