Chapter 8

####PAST IS IN ITALICS####

*Andrew Pov*

"Yeah, yeah! It will be." I mumbled repeating her words and just stood like that for a few more minutes.

I don't know how I survived those years in the military when I can't seem to be standing on my own decision for much long.

All my decisions and thoughts passed my head when I glanced out from the hut how devastated she is looking lying on the log.

She must be through so much and is trying to be normal while I am making it difficult for her with my attitude.

I thought she would feel better if I apologize and talk something else but then I again scared her with my over bearing doubts feeling some sounds from very far.

"Why don't we go inside?" I asked, moving my head and she slowly nodded but is not looking at me.

"Ok! I have some work. Can you peel these vegetables? They are a little hot so be careful." I said, placing the bowl before her to which she again nodded.

I sighed and left the hut before looking around. I narrowed my eyes towards the direction where I got the sound from and started going in the opposite direction.

If the sound was really true and some danger is there, then they maybe on to the opposite side to hide from me.

I stopped at a point and looked around feeling some unease, but stilled when I suddenly heard a scream.

"Ahh! These are so hot." I heard Lily's screaming voice.

Great! Another point proving my decision is wrong and seriously, I should start taking correct ones and also to stand on those.

I was able to do what I decide every time during my life except now. But then even at one time in an area similar to this.

"We will reach near the safety if we just walk for these two days." I said staring at the point we stopped.

"So, you even know which tree means where we are. Another point to note down to become successful?" Sam asked grinning at me.

"Sir! The coast is clear and we can move." Peter said, nodding at me returning from his check.

"Ok! Let's go." I said, nodding back and took a few steps but stopped before turning around.

"Olivia? What happened?" I asked, frowning when she just stood at the place where we stopped.

"I don't want to walk." She mumbled looking down.

"But we just rested, right?" I asked, walking near to her.

"I... want to rest more." She replied fidgeting with her hands.

"Sir! It is really dangerous to stay for more time at a same place." Peter said walking towards us.

"Don't worry, Peter! He will make her come with us and not decide on staying. Don't you know, he will never step out of his plan?" Sam asked him laughing.

"Please!" she mumbled and pushed herself more to the tree like going inside it.

"Ok! We will stay for some more time." I said and she immediately glanced up with a smile on her face, which is the first time she ever gave after we started this journey.

"We will get some more food. Now, take some rest." I added and turned around to ask Peter for food, but saw them both staring at me with open mouths.