Detour

The young lad turned his back on the hopeless, heartbroken girl and walked away. He walked away without looking back. His heart pounded and wanted to get back to the girl, hug her, and wipe away her tears, but his mind repeatedly told him that she was a player. His feet were confused whether to go back or continue walking, but eventually his mind succeeded and he got to the car where his friend, Joe, was waiting.

He got inside the car and closed the door before tilting his head back to the girl. His heart shattered seeing the girl's weeping but his mind was determined to walk away.

Seeing that the Deadman got to the car, Joe started the engine ready to drive their way.

Tapping his shoulder, the Deadman spoke, "Not yet Joe, spare me a moment."

Deadman held his gaze towards Jade and had mixed emotions seeing her state.

"It's the first time you are not hurrying to go home." Joe commented.

Still focusing his eyes on Jade, Deadman replied, "It's the first time that I want to stay."

"Why don't you go back and fix things?" Joe asked making the Deadman shake his head in disagreement.

He tilted his head back to Jade and had a long, last look at the girl that made him fall in love before he instructed Joe to start driving away.

The ride was enveloped by silence as the Deadman leaned his head at the window while his mind was filled with the things that he shared with Jade during his short stay.

"That's love brother." Joe stated causing a tear to escape from the Deadman's eyes.

Taking a deep sigh, the Deadman replied, "But she's a player Joe."

"Well, you chose a path wherein love is considered as a game." Joe stated knowingly.

Grunting as he held his head, the Deadman stated back, "I don't know what to do."

"I think you should do your blog." Joe paused and glanced at his troubled friend before getting his vision back to the road. "And withdraw five thousand dollars." He continued making the Deadman draw a bitter-sweet smile.

Enlightened, the Deadman looked at his wise friend and asked . "Will a little detour kill our timing?"

Joe took his attention to his friend before replying. "Not at all. So where to?"

With a smile plastered, Deadman turned his attention forward and answered.

"Empire State Building."

****