Day 6

Pasta

I woke up in the morning ahead of my alarm clock. I really didn't have much sleep. I saw his smile the first time I closed my eyes last night. I was shocked. I opened my eyes immediately and blinked a dozen times before shutting my eyes close again. Again his smile brightened the darkness that enveloped my vision. I opened my eyes again, got up in bed and went to the bathroom. I faced the mirror and told myself that it was just a smile, a genuine smile, a genuine honest smile. Damn, I didn't know that a simple gesture can give me a sleepless night. I shrugged it all and went back to bed still thinking of that smile. I tried to sleep when I got back to my bed, but then again, I couldn't. I managed to get a little sleep at around two in the morning and woke up at five thirty.

"Damn freaking smile." I whispered at my bed.

"What's so special with his smile? It's just the same smile that everybody has, just more genuine; more unique, and his eyes. His deep, blue, slanted eyes that vanished when he gave me that smile." I daydreamed and then realized what I was thinking. I held my pillow onto my face and squealed.

"Damn, what is happening to me?" I whispered the moment I composed myself. This is the first time I ever felt this feeling. A feeling I am not used to. A feeling so disturbing but worthy to be felt. Damn what is happening? My thoughts were disturbed when my alarm went off. I shut it off and walked my way to the bathroom to get myself ready.

-------

School was no different from yesterday, except for me and the boys. If yesterday I find it quite amusing to see them fighting over me, today I find it quite annoying. I even told them to stop and I had no time to give them any attention. They had a shocked and confused expression when I walked past them and headed towards my class.

The four classes I had for the day was fully packed with lectures, reports and a lot of quizzes, but i had my mind in a different place. It felt like I left my consciousness in his apartment and all I had with me was my body walking the hallways like a zombie, mindless zombie that only craves for his smile. My mind was occupied by one person, D. How his eyes captured mine in that stare down at his first night here. How he was seriously flittering his fingers on his laptop while completely ignoring me at our first meeting in the coffee shop. How he took care of me and how he comforted my hangover when I was drunk. How he sat at the center of attention of the girls and gave them a wakeup call at the bar. How he gave Amelia advice while intently looking in my eyes. And how he changed my perspective in one statement and hunted my whole being with one simple gesture. Damn, I really don't know how.

-------

I went to his apartment straight after school. I pushed the doorbell a couple of times and waited for him to open it. It already took five minutes but the door remained shut. I pushed the doorbell again and patiently waited. Again the door knob remained still. I ran out of patience and knocked hard and loud at his door. I didn't stop until I heard footsteps rushing towards the door and it was opened. My jaw literally hit the floor when I saw him with just his bath towel wrapped around his waist. My eyes traveled his whole body, to his face that looked so worried and were stuck to his naked chest until he spoke.

"You knocked like you were being chased by a dozen rapist." He said with a little annoyance.

"You don't have any clothes." I commented and tried to take my eyes off him but they were so stubborn and kept coming back.

"I was taking a shower and then there were you, trying to knock my door down." He said as he turned around and walked in leaving the door open for me. I followed him inside and he directed me to the couch.