Day 4

Glass of wine

Tuesday morning was no different from Monday. I found myself wondering, rather planning for my next approach to the deadman. The party and the teasing didn't really affected him. He even got the nerve to turn an awesome, wild, and fun party into a boring and serious love lecture. Oh that guy really cracks my head. I hissed and dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom to get ready for another boring school day.

After getting my stuffs ready for school, I walked out of my room and headed straight out to the front door. I found mom in the kitchen talking through her phone. I did what I do best, ignore her. I went outside our apartment and crossed the streets towards the Deadman's. With a lot of debate I decided the plan for tonight was to go out and have a romantic dinner with him. I think it is the perfect plan to have a meaningful conversation with him.

A few ring in his bell and he opened it. He was wearing a white tank top covered with his tight apron. I found him somewhat hot as I eyed him from top to bottom. The way his muscular arms were shown from his tank top. His neckline, shoulders, and how that thin white cloth wrapped his flat and masculine chest. I found myself in a mysterious trance until he flicked his fingers in front of me.

"Wake up sleeping beauty." He said while flicking his fingers to gain my attention. The move got my focus out of his body but then have been captured by his eyes. His deep blue eyes that have a million secrets hidden in them. I was drowning in his eyes when he shook my shoulders and said, "Hey are you still asleep?"

I came back to my senses and made my face look blank.

"I'm sorry I didn't have any breakfast yet." I managed to utter in a low tone. Thank god for years of experience in reasoning out.

"Oh, starting the day without food is surely a stupid move. Come on in, I can get you some things to get you started." He answered as he opened the door wider and invited me to come in.

We went in and he directed me to the table. He pulled out one of the chairs motioning for me to take a sit. He then went to the stove and continued cooking, from the looks of it, some bacons and eggs.

"You take time to prepare for breakfast?" I asked out of the blue.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, why don't you just take some cereals or something? It's just breakfast." I stated.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It somehow sets the tone for the rest of your day. The factor for your day to be productive or worthless sometimes relies on the smallest things. Breakfast might be one of them." He stated sternly as he finished with the stove. He then carried two plates towards my direction and placed one plate on my side of the table. He placed the other plate to his side and sat down.

"How did you learn how to cook?" I asked casually as we ate our breakfast.

"Being alone to live your life requires you to learn a lot of things Black Widow."

"Can you stop calling me Black Widow? I find it somewhat weird." I stated.

"Why? Isn't that your fabled persona? Isn't that the character you have built with your pride?" He asked sternly looking in my eyes.

"Yeah, but it's weird and I don't like people hearing you call me that name." I tried reasoning out.

"So you don't want me to call you that to keep your persona hidden?" he asked

"It's not like that."

"It's just two things. One, you are afraid to reveal your true identity, that giving you a hard time to get your new victim. Two, you are ashamed of your Black Widow persona because you used it to make a lot of people's lives miserable." He said meaningfully while he held my gaze without blinking. Seeing his eyes got me a little eerie feeling. There was a mysterious thing hidden in him that only his eyes cannot hide. I got hit from the words he said. Do I really feel ashamed for the things that the black widow have done? I shook the thought and decided to maintain my attitude. I matched his gaze and straighten my body.