Day 8

Hotdog

I woke up from my alarm clock with a huge smile in my face. I jolted the alarm off and sat straight on my bed as I reminisced what happened yesterday. The shocked but happy faces of everyone I passed by, the pop quiz that I nailed, the revelation of D's childish and fun side. I held my pillow tight to my chest when I remembered how our bodies fell perfectly on each other on the couch. I felt my cheeks got hot when I remembered how my eyes trailed his face-- from the closed, slanted eyes of his to the wide smile on his lips. I was like a girl day dreaming of a romantic scene with her crush. I shrugged the thought off and went up from my bed. I know it's a little early to wake up for a non-school day, but I was thinking of going for a little jog to stretch the unmoved tendons in my body and to somewhat get my mind straight.

'Am I really liking him?' I asked myself through my thoughts. I think I'm going in to a new and dangerous path, but I couldn't help it. As if the more I neglect it the more it becomes stronger in my head. This territory for me is unfamiliar. It's like I'm stepping into something I am blinded off but cannot prevent my curiosity from doing it.

I went to my dresser and got some jogging pants and a sweatshirt. As I was wearing my running shoes a memory came to me. It was the first day I met him. The day I decided to have a little jog and stumbled at him in the coffee shop. I lightly laughed at how we looked like when we had that conversation, but I was saddened after. I quickly became sad at the thought that all of this was just a deal. Questions came rushing in to me. What if he was just being in character? What if he was just doing this to make me fall in love? What if all of this is just one big act? But no, his smile is too genuine to be faked. His gestures were so natural. And his eyes, there were no sign of any lie. Again I found myself in an ocean of battling thoughts. Guess I need to go out and run to shrug it all off.

I went out of the apartment but before I could start jogging I saw the guy behind my blurry mind. He was also on a running outfit. I crossed the street to come up to him.

"Hey, Good morning D." I greeted him.

"Hey there B. Good morning. You're early." He answered.

"Well I decided to have a little jog to shake my thoughts from a stressful week." I replied.

"Stressful week because you were with me?" He asked as he started to slow jog or fast walk or whatever you call it. I followed his gestures and answered, "From school, and yeah, a lot of stress from you." I slapped his arm playfully and went past him.

"Guess you can't catch me laptop whore." I stated teasing him as I picked up my pace. He just laughed at my antics. He then started to pick up his pace and went running faster and faster. The gap between us become smaller and smaller by the second. Next thing I knew he was running past by me and the gap between us became lengthy again, now with him on the lead. I tried to go faster but I was running at my full speed. After a few minutes of intense running I stopped when I saw him resting at the park. He was standing there by the public chair holding two bottles of water. I walked towards him with what I got left in my legs.

"What took you so long?" He asked arrogantly as he handed me one of the water bottles. I was too tired to speak so I just rolled my eyes at him and snatch the bottle. After replenishing, I sat at the chair and wiped my sweaty face with my bare palms. He sat down with me and wiped my face with a towel he had with him. I eyed him and our gazes met as he wiped my face. Again my whole being was captured by his eyes. After a moment of soul-capturing scene, he handed me the towel and went on wiping his face with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Why did you give me your towel?" I asked as I wiped my arms.

"Because you need it more. You have burnt more sweat than me. Guess you're not good enough for a laptop whore aren't you?" He mocked and laughed a little. I smiled at him widely and poured the remainder of my bottle onto him. He was about to scream but I was quick to shove the towel to his face and wiped it with it.