LAKE TANNER

Wednesday 10th of February 2016

Spending the whole next day with mum and Leo. We eat ice cream. We went to town. I got mum to buy this beautiful long sleeve forest colour dress. She couldn't resist it and now I just needed to figure out how to get mum to wear it it for Friday.

After we got back home I got ready. I put my long hair in a high ponytail, and put on a casual outfit.

Tyler, Colton and the rest of the Reed brothers were taking me to a college party. I wasn't excited but as they say. You only live once. Declan was driving, none of us will be drinking. I made it clear to all the others that I wasn't drinking either.

I go into the front room where mum was watching some show, holding Leo in her arm. He's started to try and stand up on his own and it's so cute to watch him. ''Right mum I'm going. Don't wait up.'' 

''Alright just keep your phone on you, I love you.''

''I will. I love you more.'' And I leave running to get to the car that was waiting outside for me. I open the back door. I see that Mia was in the front on her phone wearing a really revealing dress.

Luke was sat in the back on the furthest seat from me. Tyler in the middle and Colton sat in the remanding seat. ''Come on Dawson.'' Tyler grins. I jump in and sit on Colton's lap. Colton shuts the door and he wraps his arms around my middle. ''You all set?'' Declan asked. I nod and he turns the radio up to some rock station.

''You excited Gem?'' Colton whispers in my ear I nod kissing his lips for a second before turning to see Tyler and Luke holding hands together as they talk quietly.

''I've only been to a party once before. It wasn't bad.'' I love that he trying to reassure me. I rested my head on his shoulder before responding ''I'm sure it won't be,'' I say a little nervously, and Colton kisses my crown as I hold onto his arm the rest of the way.

As we all make our way to the dorm I see that I've never been in this neighbourhood, and I stay at Colton's side as we make our way into the building. I hear loud pop music that made my ears bleed play. The smell of alcohol was worse but I kept myself in check.

Everyone splits off. Declan told us all to meet back at the front at one am.

I see a white sofa and go to sit down. ''Do you want a drink Gem?'' Tyler shouted over the music, I nod and he leave knowing I wouldn't be moving.

''He your boyfriend?'' I wheel around to see the most stunning girl ever. Her heart-shaped face flawless. A light dusting of brown freckles across her face making her grey eyes stand out. Her hair wildly curly like my mum's running down her back in black tar. She's wearing a short red dress to match her lipstick with fishnet leggings and nude high heels. She looks about in her mid-twenties.

I frown. ''I'm sorry, are you talking to me?'' I look around but notice everyone else was gone. The dance floor filled with teenagers dancing in front of me.

''Of course, your boyfriend is cute but who was the older one?'' She chuckles at my shocked expression. ''I'm Tanner. Lake Tanner. Sorry, I've always wanted to do the whole James Bond thing.'' She leans back relaxed while taking a gulp of her drink from a red solo cup.

I widen my eyes more. ''Lake as in Ava's granddaughter and Olive's fifteen-year-old sister?'' No way! ''Who wants to know?' she questioned, leaning back more, not giving a flip, her smile turning into a frown.

''Oh sorry, I'm Dawson. I work at Tanner's Café with them both. It's nice to finally meet you Lake.'' Remembering what Ava and Olive's told me about her.

''Well, it's great to meet you Dawson. Can you keep this on the D.O, I'm not supposed to be out?'' she rolls her eyes in irritation, before sitting up.