~Chapter 57: Separated; Day Two

NEZUMI
Nezumi opened his eyes slowly to find himself in an unfamiliar place. His abdomen burnt him from pain in the area where he was shot and when he bent down in pain, he realized the chains holding his hands up. Both arms were secured tightly on a wooden panel making Nezumi in a position where he can't sit down or stand up, just depend on his arms to not fall which hurt the socket between his arms and shoulders greatly.
He groaned in pain, feeling helpless and alone. Looking up, he met the empty eyes of a puppet.
Rin.
She was standing behind the metal bars of the cage Nezumi was in staring at him without an expression. She simply turned around and started leaving the dungeon Nezumi was in.
"Rin wait!" Nezumi called out but she didn't listen and just simply kept on walking, opening the large wooden door and leaving, the guard closing it behind her.
Nezumi cursed as he looked around the place. It was all lit with candles and everything was dull. Infront of his cage was a large open area with a chair in the middle and next to him were a few more cages.
One of the cages had a prisoner. He was looking at Nezumi.
"Uh..." He stared at him "Hi?"
The guy was dressed up in the Roda's army outfit and he was cowarding in the corner of the cage. His eyes widen as he looked at Nezumi.
"Why are you tied up?!" He asked so shocked.
"Guess Im more dangerous than you?" Nezumi stated
"More dangerous than the army?" The guy came closer to Nezumi's cage "Are you from the castle?-" the guy gasped. "You can't be..."
"You're from the army?" Nezumi asked "You look young."
"You can't be one of Team 529!" He exclaimed "You're Nezumi aren't you?!"
Nezumi nodded
"N-nice to meet you your majesty!" The guy said cheering up "I'm Fred! I work in the military."
"But you look young."
"Yeah... After Queen M changed the age limit to 14, everyone my age was forced to join."
"14?!"
"Yeah."
"And how old are you?!"
"Fourteen."
Nezumi opened his mouth in shock "My mum...?"He glared at the ground "Why are you here?!"
"I was caught by King Gethen." The guy gulped "The troupe I was in, Lieutenant Kennath's troupe, they were sent to the north-east of the city but we were attacked. Many of us died and many were captured. Only a few made it out alive. I hope they're all safe now."
Nezumi nodded "Fred...how many of you were in that troupe?"
"Fifty."
"And how many died?"
"I don't know." Fred looked down "More than half. I can tell you that."
Nezumi frowned.
"Don't worry Fred, I'll kill that King-"
The door of the dungeon was slammed open. "I see you have awoken!" King Gethen entered with a twisted smirk on his face.
Nezumi's eyes widen and he looked up as Fred wimpered and backed away, hitting the cage and making it rattle.
"Oh, don't look at me like that, you dirty rat."The King came towards Nezumi. "You won't be able to look up at my face like that again when I'm done with you."
"What are you gonna do, Gethen?!" Nezumi glared, calling him with his name. He could hear the guard and Fred gasp. "I'm not afraid."
"I'm glad you asked." The King stated. "I'll show you an example of the many things I can do."
King Gethen ushered his head the guard's way who took out his keys and started opening Fred's cage.
"What are you doing?!"Nezumi exclaimed "Leave him alone!"
"You wanted to see what I can do to you, I'm just showing you."The King said innocently.
"Leave him!" Nezumi shouted at the top of his lungs.
Fred panicked as the guard held his arm tightly and dragged him outside.
"No!" Nezumi shouted "Stop it!"
Fred was pushed on the chair infront of Nezumi and secured there. Fred tried to wriggle free but the guard hit him hard on the head.
Nezumi shook his head as the guard simply went to the wall where there was a leaver.
"Don't." Nezumi stated.
The King took two steps backwards so that Nezumi can see properly, smirking.
The guard pushed the leaver down and Fred started screaming, an electric shock running through him. He vibrated violently, his voice hoarse from screaming.
"Stop!" Nezumi shouted "Please! Just show me by doing it to me!"
"What are you talking about?" The King stated as the guard pulled the leaver up again. Fred stopped screaming and started breathing heavily.
"You think that if we return him to the cage we won't kill him later?" The King laughed "Anyone I capture is as good as dead. I just sometimes like to have a little fun before killing them." He nodded and the guard pushed the leaver down again.
"NOO!" Nezumi screamed "STOP!"
The King seemed to think about it. "Umm...no."
Nezumi rattled the chains holding him, shaking them in desperation to be let go. "You have to stop!"
"Or?"
Nezumi wriggled some more in frustration feeling so helpless. "Please! He's only fourteen!!"
"Listen here filthy rat," The King faced Nezumi "I don't care whether its a four year old girl. When I want to have fun, age is just a number."
"You sick, twisted bastard!" Nezumi tried to reach the end of the cage with his legs but he couldn't. Oh, how he wished to kick that smirking face of King Gethen.