Chapter 44

Authors note: Strong language and sexual content.  If your a minor please don't read.

Ellianna's POV-

     Gage made his way down the isle and I could hear a baby crying.  What the hell is he doing?  He stopped in front of a young couple fussing over a baby.  The girl looked to be about my age and I couldn't believe she already had a kid.  She was pouching him up and down trying to calm him down.  He was covered in a blue blanket so I couldn't see his face.  I'm assuming it's a boy from the blue blanket. She wasn't paying attention to us standing there because she was whispering to the man next to her that she didn't know what was wrong with him.  Gage said "excuse me"  The young couple looked up at us.  They both looked really tired.  She said "I'm so sorry I'm trying to get him to stop."  Gage put his hand up and said "it's fine.  That's not why we came over."  I looked at the young man and offered him a smile.  He looked like he had ran his hands through his hair a few times. 

     Gage had my attention because if he thought this couple was just going to let me take care of their kid he was nuts.  They didn't even know us.  Gage extended his hand to to guy and said "I'm Gage Maddox."  He shook his hand and said "Maddox?  Like in Maddox Farms?"  Gage turned to me and smiled and back to him and said "yes.  And this is my girlfriend Ellianna James."  I gave him a small smile then looked back to the woman holding the crying baby.  She said "I'm so sorry.  I know he is being loud. I." Gage cut her off and said "it's fine.  He isn't bothering us.  I know this may sound crazy but I thought I would offer."  Gage looked back to me and smiled again.  There is no-way in hell these two are going to let me take care of their baby.  He is going to make us look like two wierd o's. 

     He looked back to the couple and said "my girlfriend happens to be excellent with children and I thought maybe if you guys would want to go up to first class we could sit and take care of him so you could get some rest."  Yep...they think we are complete weird o's.  She looked back over at her husband and then back to us.  I was getting ready to pull on Gage's arm and apologize when the girl said "are you sure?"  I snapped my head back to her.  Is she seriously going to let me take care of her kid?  I just smiled at her and nodded my head.  I finally said "I don't mind if you don't.  You both look like you could use some sleep.  It's not like we are going anyway."  I finished the last part waving my hand around the plane.

     She stood up and didn't even hesitate handing me the baby.  I took him in my arms and looked down at him.  He was so little.  I looked back to her and said "how old is he?"  She smiled looking at him and said "5 weeks old."  Her husband stood up and introduced them.  Gage shook both their hands and moved to the side to let them out.  Gage said "Alyssa is the stewardess that will show you which seats to take."  They stood in the isle and who I now know is Amber said "if he gets to be to much just come get us."  I smiled at her and nodded my head.  He was still crying and she said "his diaper bag is under the seat."  I sat down and put the baby over my shoulder and gently started patting his back.  Amber and Chase took one last look at us and walked to the front of the plane.

     Gage sat down and looked at me.  I said "I can't believe they let us take care of him."  He smiled again and said "they looked like the dead walking."  I smiled at him and shook my head agreeing.  They both looked completely and totally exhausted.  I didn't even think to ask Amber what the baby's name was.  I shhshhed him in his ear and gently patted his back.  I didn't know if he needed to burp or if he was hungry or if needed changed.  He could just be colic. God I hope I get him to settle down.   I told Gage to see if there was a pacifier in his bag.  He pulled the bag out and embroidered across his bag was the name Dylan.  O.k. little guy we know your name now lets figure out what is wrong. 

     Gage found a pacifier so I gently pulled Dylan down and took the pacifier from Gage and put it in Dylan's mouth.  I knew instantly by the way he was going at it that he was hungry.  O! Lord I hope she doesn't breast feed.  I quickly looked over at Gage and said "he's hungry.  How did she not know that?"  He shrugged his shoulders and said "how do you know that?"  I shook my head and said "see if there is a bottle in the bag."  He pulled  a bottle out with water in it and looked at me.  He said "it's just water."  I started laughing.  He is so fucking adorable  I just wanted to kiss him.  Dylan was becoming quite upset with the pacifier I said "look inside for the formula."  He did and pulled out the container that was going to make Dylan here fall asleep.  Gage said "is this it?"  I smiled at him and said "yes. Turn the top until its over one with formula in it."  He put the bag down and turned it.