Monica: She's blocked herself away

"No, a break from us..."

Monica's POV:

"Rachel! Rachel hunny, please come out and speak to me!" I shout as I knock on her bedroom door.

"Rachel! Please!"

"No! Go away!" She shouted back to me. Her voice was shaky, I think she's been crying!

This just makes me so sad. I mean, I understand, but they just fit together so well! I'm not making excuses for Ross, but he must've been heart broken when Rachel broke up with him! Why did they have to go 'on a break'? Everything was fine, well apart from Ross' Paranoia. Why can't they just trust each other.

I've sat here for the past week trying to get Rachel out of her room, she only ever comes out to go to the bathroom or a couple times a day for food or drink. She hasn't eaten much, and it seems that she's ill. Certain foods are making her sick, I don't understand what's happening.

I just want my best friend back. But how do I get that? Just how? Everything's a mess.

Chandler came over earlier and told me that Ross is just crying and sobbing all day. It makes me feel guilty that I've barley seen him, but I know the guys can and will look after him, so I'm trying and putting all my energy into getting Rachel happier.

I decide to make dinner for the both of us, in hope that she will come out and eat it, and not throw it all up every where, or throw up at all. As I'm preparing the food, I hear music from across the room. Rachel had put her radio on. After a few songs, I hear one that I KNOW Rachel will recognise. With or Without You.

"See the stone set in your eyes

See the thorn twist in your side

I wait, for you

Sleight of hand and twist of fate

On a bed of nails she makes me wait

And I wait, without you

With or without you

With or witho--"

The sound cut off and I hear a thud. After a moment of silence, I hears Rachel's crys from where I was standing. I just want to give her a hug and comfort her, but she won't come out.

I take our food out of the oven and put it on plates on the table. I walk up to her bedroom door again and lightly knock on it.

"Rachel, please darling, come out of your room and speak to me. You know I love you, why won't you let me comfort you. Please, just come out and eat some dinner" I gently say to her.

I hear sounds from within the room and the door unlocks and slowly opens. Rachel is standing in front of me looking awful. It makes me want to cry. Her eyes are red and puffy, her nose making her look like Rudolf. She has tear soaked and pale skin.

"Why did he do it?" She barley whispered to me.

I opened my arms out to her and she practically collapsed into me. Crying her eyes out into my shoulder, I softly stroke her hair whilst I hug her.

"Sweetie, he thought he lost you"

She starting shaking her head, "he didn't have to sleep with someone else and break my heart though did he!?" She whimpered.

"I know, I know he shouldn't've done that!" I hug her tighter, trying to calm her down. "It wasn't right of him to do that" I tell her.

After a few minutes of my hugging and trying to comfort her and calm her down, she just about stops crying.

"Would you like something to eat? I made dinner" I offer her. She stares at me with a blank expression.

"Darling, you need to eat something" I lead her over to the table and she sits down. I sit down on the chair next to her. I place her plate I front of her and she starts taking small parts of the pizza I gave her and eating them. I mean, she's not eating a lot, but at least she's eating.

I eat my pizza as I watch Rachel eat the small parts of hers. Just looking at her and seeing how drained she is, I feel so saddened and upset. I desperately wish none of this had happened. Why did it have to end up this way? Why? I just have all these questions and wishes. But I'm left un-answered.

After I finish eating, I take mine and Rachel's plate and out them on the side. She only ate 2 slices of pizza. We usually have a whole one to ourselves. I need to get her checked out. She's been so traumatised.

There's so many things that have changed in her ways of going about. She doesn't eat, she doesn't sleep, she doesn't talk. All she does is cry and throw up.

"Sweetie, you're staying right by my side for the next few days. I don't care if you want to be alone, cause I'm not leaving you. I'm taking the next days off work, and you are going to open up to me. Rachel, I'm worried about you. Please just talk to me"

"I'm tired. Can we go to bed?" She asks me.

"Sure, but only if you actually sleep" I tell her.

"Can I sleep with you? I don't want to sleep in my bed, it reminds me of him too much, I can't put up with it! I don't want to think of him, I miss him too much. Monica, I love your stupid brother! Why is my life a mess?" She asks.

"Ohh hunny" I open my arms to her and she comes and gives me a hug. "Yes, let's go to bed now then"

We walk to my bedroom and go to bed. I hug Rachel, soothing her, preventing her from crying. Just letting her know she's not alone, there's people here to help her and that will stand by her when she isn't feeling happy.

After a while, I know she's asleep, so I close my eyes and slowly drift off into a sleep myself.