Level Seventeen: Dark Revelations

Re-written on 01.26.17

It had been a few days after my date with Ricardo, and while the date had been so amazing and great...my mind just wasn't in the right state. Ricardo had taken me to a cabin in the mountains of Mt.Charleston and it was so beautiful, especially when it had just snowed a few days prior, I loved it. Ricardo and I cooked a great dinner together, teased and laughed, shared glances, and curled up on his couch to watch re-runs of JerseyShore.

It was amazing and Ricardo was such a gentleman.

But right now, I was curled up in my brother's guest bedroom, with the curtains drawn in to block any type of sunlight to get through into the room. My body felt so exhausted from the nightmares and the constant crying I had done for the last two days. I was curled up with bodies against my bodies—something to make me feel warm and safe.

My face was partially buried into a pillow and my mind wasn't in a good place. I wasn't sure what time it was...it could've been night-time for all I cared. My phone was set on the nightstand beside the bed—blinking constantly to remind me that I had missed calls, text messages, Snapchats, and other means of social media.

I knew my friends were worried—the constant calls that I ignored were an obvious sign. Edgar had been away for a short trip to California with Danny, so, I was positive that even he didn't know I was hiding in his house. Edgar and Danny would be back today...and I wasn't sure what I would do when they got here.

So far, I was content with my solitude. No one could pester me with their worries or hover above me as if I was some fragile mental patient. It was wrong to ignore my room-mates and Ricardo—Ricardo I felt most guilty about ignoring. They were just concern for me, that was it, and I was acting like a bitch and ignoring them.

But what else could I do?

I was in a state of shock and fear. I didn't want to leave the safety of my brother's guest bedroom or condo. My brother's condo was guarded to the T since a lot of other important figures in Vegas resided in this condo, too.

My mind flashed with the face of a man that I feared most in life.

I curled into my sheets tighter and even whimpered. I shook my head, no, don't think about him, fuck him! But I couldn't ignore the man's evil smirking face...my body trembled in response. This man was a tormentor from my young teenage years...a man who craved power and control and loved to elicit fear in women.

His name was Tristan Trek and he was a monster disguised as a handsome, charming man. He was a monster who abused me and he had been my first boyfriend. I had thought I had moved on from those horrific late middle-school/early high school years, but then I caught a glimpse of my monster in some random store...and I lost it.

In a spilt second, I reverted back to the middle schooler who feared for her life.

He hadn't seen me...I think, but I knew it had been him—there was no way I wouldn't recognize my tormentor. I had left the store in a haze, gone home, packed a bag, and rushed to my brother's without caring that my friend's were trying to figure out what was going on and why I was basically panicking.

I looked around the room...wondering if I should at least text my friends to tell them that I was alright...but I wasn't alright...I was scared and even though I had put myself in this solitude...I was alone.

Maybe that was what Tristan wanted...to drive me into solitude where it would be easier to get to me. The thought made me groan and cover my face with the duvet. I was hungry...I hadn't had much to eat for the last two days and my body was making it a point to tell me by giving me headaches, stomach pains, and dizzy spells.