Level Seven: You Killed Our Three-Headed Dog.

re-written on 05.12.17

"You're going to Mexico?"

I sat comfortably in my brother's spacious office in Downtown Las Vegas later on that afternoon. It had been a bit taxing getting my brother to see him—he was a very busy business man but my brother was always happy to see me. My brother's name was Edgar and he owed his own clothing company named Exclusive Society along with his best friend Noel. The business is booming for my big brother who was great and he had several stores throughout Nevada, California, and he's even going to open a new store down in Florida.

Edgar is 28 years old with softer blue eyes and darker colored hair. His face was rough and sharp—I think it came from the harsh time he had on the streets selling drugs to make money.

He was sitting at his desk eying me with a frown. The sudden trip made him suspicious but my brother wouldn't pry. He cared greatly for me but knew I needed space every once in a while. Besides, I missed mom and I knew he did too.

"Yeah," I drawled sitting criss cross in my seat, "I just thought I could use my days off to see mom then go camping." I shrugged lightly trying to play off that nothing was wrong but my brother knew me very well but there was nothing wrong with playing coy.

"Hmm," Edgar mused not falling for my act, "So, it has nothing to do with Ricardo?" A smirk was gracing his rugged features—a smirk I've wanted to smack off thousands of times.

I felt my eye twitch, "Who told you?" I hissed already knowing who. Damn, that stupid idiot! How dare he talk to my brother about our problems!?

"Ricardo," Edgar leaned back into his seat, "He was very concern when you suddenly stormed out of the house while everyone was loading up the car." He explained coolly.

I had totally forgotten that Ricardo and Edgar shared this weird bromance.

"He can go suck a Lego dick!" I snapped and then fumed in my seat.

Edgar looked amused, "I didn't ask what had happened but I can assume." He says lying down the bait he knew I would take.

I glared at him and hissed, "How long have you known?" I demanded.

"Known what?" Edgar taunted.

"That I've liked Ricardo?" I pout.

Edgar looks at me with a blank expression before a slow smirk touched his stupid face again, "Oh, I've known for a while." He waves off breezily and changes subject, "So, I received a phone call last week from dad's wife."

Oh, yeah. After my mom and dad divorced and mom got custody of Edgar and me, dad ran off to California and got some poor woman pregnant and had my younger half-sister Danny. I didn't resent my dad, honestly, but he's a pretty shit father but I loved him.

"What did he do now?" I sighed leaning back into my chair.

"Another fight but dad managed to do some pretty heavy damage to the other guy," Edgar explained with annoyance—Edgar resented my dad. Edgar had more resent for our father because when our parents were divorcing, I was the lucky one that got to go with mom first and it took our mom more time to gain custody over my brother. Dad had refused to give over custody until my brother's medical status got to be too much for my dad to handle; Like, I mean, he would leave Edgar on my mom's doorstep sick as a dog and he'd go drink or gamble.

Edgar also received some beatings from my dad.

I told you my dad was a pretty shit father.

"He's going to be locked up for a few months. Maria (his wife) is going to be staying with some cousin or something but can't afford to raise Danny right now. She's in a difficult situation—she has no money, no house, and no job. She asked if we could take Danny in and take care of her until she's well enough to take care of her. I offered to give her money but Maria refused." Edgar shrugged.