Level Nine: It's Called Kissing Ass.

re-written on 07.09.17

"So, uh, how did you become pregnant?" I questioned as I stared at my mother later on that day. After arriving to our village and being greeted like some solider returning from war, I took note that my mother had a fucking growing baby bump.

My mother rolled her light brown eyes, "I'm pretty sure you know how pregnancy works." She remarks with sarcasm as she decorates a baby shower cake. We were currently in her shop and even though it was empty inside, she had a lot of cakes to make. Lucas is here but he is preparing cake batters and putting them to bake in the ovens.

I pursued my lips, "How far along are you so, I know how long you've lied to me?" I asked her with heavy sassiness. I hear Luca snicker from his spot further back in the shop.

My mother glares at me, "I didn't lie to you I simply withheld this information from you." She replies firmly.

"So, you admit to withholding crucial information from your daughters?" I demanded hotly with narrowed eyes.

Danny is watching my mother decorate cakes on a small stool. My mother was more then happy to receive Danny and was showing her how to decorate. "I think it's cool that you're carrying a life form in your stomach." Danny says as she attempts to decorate a cupcake.

I scowl at my sister, "You're supposed to be on my side!" I hissed with betrayal.

She shrugs, "You were supposed to be on my side when I accidentally started the Witch Hunts but did you, no." She states indifferently. I felt my eye twitch at her indifference.

"You ended up killing 19 people for no reason!" I muttered with disdain.

She shrugs, "I'm Satan, and it's what I do." She says nonchalantly.

My mother is chuckling softly as we speak. I roll my eyes and return my attention onto my chuckling mother, "So, you didn't answer my question."

She sighs, "I'm five months along." She informs me.

"Does your son even know? Are you withholding information from him, too?" I questioned demandingly.

"No, he knows." My mom responds breezily.

My mouth drops mouth, "He knows?!" I practically screeched.

"He visits a lot more then you do." She says defensively.

"He's opening up a store in Mexico, that's why he visits!" I bluntly pointed out feeling very betrayed, "That's not fair that you tell him but don't tell me. I have to find out literally five months later." I frown at her showing my obvious disappointment.

She sees this look and looks sad, "You were so busy with school that I didn't want to bother you with my pregnancy, I mean, your brother is visiting practically every month. If you had known before you would've taken a break from school and come to stay with me. I couldn't let you ignore your education." She finally says.

I'm hurt by her decision but decide to respect her choice, "I wouldn't have ignored my education, mom. I know how important it is. I just wished you would've told me." I muttered with a small scowl.

"I know," She says with regret, "I should have told you but I was just scared on how you would react."

"So, am I right to assume that Joe is the father?" I questioned, she had been seeing a former sweetheart since she had returned to Mexico.

She nods timidly, "Hence the reason why he's been out of the house since we heard you were coming. He thinks you'll rip his head off." She laughs quietly at that part.