Level Ten: The Mountain and The Ocean

re-written on 08.07.17

When Danny woke me up screaming, "Lord Voldemort is here!" I honestly thought Lord Voldemort aka Tom Riddle was in my grandparent's house. The next thing I thought was holy shit, I don't have my wand and lastly I thought why is Lord No-Nose in Mexico? I groggily peered at my younger sister with annoyance.

"Satan, shut up."

"Lord Voldemort is here!" She hissed at me as she grabbed my arm and began to tug me out of the bed.

I groaned, "Lord Voldemort shouldn't be in Mexico." I rubbed my eyes with my other hand.

Danny remarks smartly, "I think we're talking about the wrong Lord Voldemort."

I sat up and yawned as I hear a commotion outside my dark room, "What's going on outside?" I questioned as I became fully awake.

"He's here!" Danny snaps before rushing out of my room, "I'll unleash the hounds of Hell!" She declares as she runs to her room.

I'm confused as Hell until I hear the voices and recognize them. "No," I said too loudly as I jumped out of bed and rushed outside to the front of the house, "I must be dreaming." I told myself as I pushed open the door leading to the small store Grandpa owned and there they were.

My roommates getting out of Ricardo's Tahoe which was super dirty. My grandparents weren't home because they had left to a bigger village for a doctor's appointment but my mom and Tio were here. Tio didn't look happy about these sudden guests but my mom was gushing at the sight of my friends.

My friends' in return greeted my mother as if they had returned from war.

My eyes landed on Ricardo-God, I hated his guys right now but he was so handsome. God, it was like that weird attraction to Ramsay Bolton. I almost shuddered at the thought. Ricardo was nothing like Ramsay but one thing they had in common is that they were both assholes.

His stupidly handsome eyes met mine.

Time almost seemed to stop as we stared at each other. He looked really tired and it was probably because of the long drive from Vegas to Jalisco, Mexico. It was practically a two day drive from there to here.

Then there was Danny who was snapping at him, "Hey, Lord Voldemort!" It effectively caught Ricardo's attention and he looked surprised by the angry young girl. Danny glared at him, "How dare you show your face here? Did you come to make my sister suffer even more?" She demanded at him.

"Claire!" My attention was diverted as I was engulfed in a massive hug from JC.

It had felt so long since I had one of his bear hugs. (It's only been two days since I last saw them, to be honest.) I was being lifted and I screeched like a pterodactyl as my feet were no longer touching the sweet ground.

"JC! You put me down this instance!" I cried out in horror as my head swirled.

JC laughed and set me down, "Aren't you happy to see us?" He says with a goofy grin.

"Jesus, let's not ever do that again." Kayla complained rubbing her back, "Do you know how many fucking Starbucks there are in this whole region? None! The nearest Starbucks is literally four hours away in Guadalajara!" This makes my mother laugh.

"We have some pretty good coffee here," My mother patiently states, "I can make some mean coffee." She even offers.

Kayla, desperate for a fix of caffeine, nods rapidly, "Anything, mom, anything that will suffice this burning ache in my stomach and soul!"