Level Six: That Was Lovely.

re-written on 05.03.17

Dinner had been...awkward. Ricardo couldn't stop glaring at JC whenever JC would say or comment on something. It was obvious there was some tension between Ricardo and JC and everyone saw it last night. No one made any comments about it, thankfully, but I knew they must've been whispering about it after dinner. I wasn't sure what to say on the matter and just kept quiet.

JC seemed determined on the fact that Ricardo would silt his throat in the middle of the night, so, he slept with me. Not in a sexual way, okay? The thing about JC whenever he slept in my room is that he hogged the blankets and the pillows. The blanket hogging was fine, honestly, but I was territorial over my fucking pillows. So, I pushed him off the bed and sentenced him to sleep on the floor with one pillow and my Pokemon blanket.

JC was too hazy with sleep to even protest and just proceeded to knock out a few seconds later.

Anyway, it was early in the morning and I was hurrying to make breakfast. The house was buzzing with life at such an hour that would normally be unholy. Typically on a Saturday, the house would be devoid of life until later in the afternoon. Chance and Minnie were helping me with preparing the last touches to breakfast while the rest helped put our camping gear into the back of Ricardo's huge SUV.

Ricardo had yet to surface from his room.

Maybe JC was the one who silt Ricardo's throat? I rolled my eyes. JC was incapable of even hurting a freakin' cockroach, trust me I've seen it. "I wonder what's keeping Ricardo. We're almost done packing." Kayla came into the kitchen a few minutes later.

"Maybe he's sick?" Minnie questioned, "He seemed odd last night at dinner."

"It wasn't the dinner." Kayla snickered.

"I wonder what JC did now." Chance thoughtfully said.

I just kept my big, fat mouth shut. Perhaps, it wasn't the right choice because the three of my friends' were now looking at me as if I had the damn answer. I kept a cool expression on my face, "What?" I said before turning to my cooking food.

"Do you know what's up with Ricardo and JC?" Kayla questioned with an arched eyebrow.

I shrugged, "Maybe they butt-fucked and now, they're too ashamed to look at each other? I don't know." I said a bit too defensively.

Minnie suddenly got this bright look on her face and I nearly groaned. Don't tell me I just gave myself away? Jesus, I was terrible about keeping my secret crush on Ricardo a fucking secret. "Curious." Minnie hummed letting the topic go.

"What is?" Chance asked with a frown, "I didn't know JC was gay."

"What?" JC demanded as he entered the kitchen, "I am not gay." He says offended and gestures to his body, "Does this look like the body of a gay guy?" He frowns at us.

Kayla snickered, "Some gay guys are fine as hell." She inputs as she munches on some French toast.

JC pondered this and nods, "I'll take that gay comment as a compliment but no, I am not gay." He informs Chance and saunters off back to help Leon with something.

"Where's that demon spawn of yours, Chance?" I questioned looking around suspiciously. I hadn't seen Satan all morning and it was making me feel nervous.

Chance patiently said, "My brother picked him up last night."

"Which brother was it?" Kayla asked eagerly.

"The one married with two kids." Chance sharply said giving her a soft glare.

Kayla gave a small smile, "Your brothers' are hot."