14: plans for just two

"HOW'D YOU GET my number, Laurent?"

    "I had a feeling, Mila."

    "I have to get back to practice. My slot is only for two hours and I'm wasting a portion talking to you."

    "Practice?"

    "Piano."

    "Ah. Don't you have a piano at home?"

    "I don't have a grand. I really should though, because concert pianos are always grands and I need to play more on it. But they're super expensive and I'll be moving out soon anyway."

    "Is there...a difference?"

    "You hurt me so much, Laurent."

    "So I assume there is?"

    "The bigger the piano is, the harder it will be to push keys and pedals. General rule of thumb."

    "Thumb." He says like he gets the joke. "I got your number from Elle in case you thought I opened up the student directory."

    "I forgot to ask, are you friends? You guys didn't look it the other week."

    "She...pretends to not know me."

    "She does tend to do that. Why did you call again?"

    "Just wanted to get my name in your contacts. And to wonder what plans you have for Sunday."

    "What makes you think I'd even want to make plans with you in the first place?"

    "Mila, I never made that proposal. And if I did, you'd definitely know it."

    "Oh."

    "I have two tickets for Fringe and you're invited."

    "Fringe? What—"

    "I'll pick you up at ten. I got your address from the student directory."