Merlin FanFic

hey there!

this is the first time that i have ever written a fanfic before so please let me know what you think as it will be much appreciated.

Vote

comment

fan

next person to fan gets the dedication :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 –

       Merlin was working hard once again under Arthurs orders. He was exhausted from yesterdays hunt and couldn’t wait to get some sleep but of course Arthur had given him a list of chores to do first. He was currently in Arthur’s room cleaning his amour and waiting for him to get out of the bath.
“Merlin?” Merlin looked up to find Arthur studying him.

“What?”
“Are you tired?”
“Yeah I am.” Merlin replied going back to cleaning his amour confused. Why would Arthur want to know if he was tired? Was Arthur going to be nice and let him have the rest of the day off? Merlin smiled. Of course not. Arthur wasn’t that nice.
“Go get some sleep.” Arthur suddenly said and Merlin couldn’t believe it. He had to secretly pinch himself to see if he was dreaming or not. The pain showed that he was in fact not dreaming.
“I will sire. When I have finished the list of things you have given me to do.”

“Yes. Make sure that you have all the things I have asked to be done are done Merlin.” Merlin nodded and stood up wincing as his legs had gone dead from cleaning the amour.
“Oh Merlin?” Merlin sighed and turned around.
“Yes sire?”
“Make sure you do get everything done and not end up in the tavern again.” Merlin sighed. Of course he would get that idea. He originally had got the idea from Gaius when he covered for Merlin the once. He told Arthur that he was in the tavern and ever since Arthur has been a little extra tough and when Merlin is lat, he assumes that he is the tavern.
“Yes sire.” He then turned to leave and put the amour away. Merlin left the room feeling even more tired. He walked along the corridors with his heavy amour in his hands. He returned it to its rightful place and then set off to retrieve Arthur’s boots which also needed cleaning. He was walking quickly that he didn’t see Gwaine and bumped right into him.
“Gotta watch where you’re going Merlin.” Merlin nodded and carried on down the corridor mentally crossing off the things that he has done and almost moaning aloud when he realized that he hadn’t even got halfway down the list. Once back in Arthur’s room he found that Arthur had managed to actually get out of the bath himself and get dressed.
“You are dressed.” Merlin was shocked. He didn’t think that Arthur could actually manage that himself.
“Well done Merlin. I am glad that you can actually see things and I am quite capable of dressing myself.” He then turned and Merlin chuckled as he saw that Arthur’s shirt was tucked up at the back. Arthur turned and glared at him and Merlin smiled and grabbed his boots before heading out of the room once again. He chuckled to himself again as he headed back to his chambers which he shared with Gaius. Merlin was finally glad when he finished his chores and got back to the chambers for a final time exhausted. Gaius looked up and smiled at Merlin.
“Are you alright?”
“Yeah just tired. I’m going to bed.” Merlin headed up to his room and collapsed onto his bed falling asleep instantly.

           Merlin awoke to the sunlight gazing through the window and onto his face. He moaned and rolled over. He didn’t want to get out of bed. He had to go on yet another hunt as Arthur had failed at killing something. He eventually pulled himself off his bed and changed into some fresh clothes. He was just tying his scarf around his neck when he heard Arthur calling him.
“MERLIN!” He rolled his eyes. What did he want now? Merlin hurried out of his small bedroom and passed Gaius who looked up. Merlin shrugged and ran along to the corridors of the castle until he reached Arthurs chambers. He raced through the door to find Arthur stood there with his amour on the table.
“Merlin! Where have you been? We are leaving soon so you better hurry up and help me before I put you in the stocks for a week!”
“Yes sire.” Merlin hadn’t realized how much he had overslept and raced to Arthur’s side who was standing in the middle of the room fuming. Merlin was fast and soon had his amour on him in no time.
“That’s better now let’s go.” Arthur strode out of the room and Merlin ran behind trying to keep up. Merlin walked quickly beside Arthur before realizing that he hadn’t got his bag. He cursed mentally and turned and ran towards his chambers hoping to retrieve it before Arthur left. Arthur had done it before.
“Merlin!” He turned halfway down the hall to find Arthur stood there glaring. Merlin had kept on going and didn’t notice Gwen coming up the hall and bumped straight into her and knocking them both to the ground. He could hear Arthur sigh. Merlin quickly righted himself and helped Gwen to her feet.
“I’m sorry Gwen.” Gwen chuckled.

“It’s alright Merlin. No harm done.” Once Merlin checked that she was definitely okay, he carried on racing through the halls to his chambers. Gaius was waiting in the middle of the room with Merlin’s bag in his hands. Merlin couldn’t have been happier. Gaius had packed it for him. Merlin took the bag gratefully.
“Thanks Gaius.” The old man smiled fondly at Merlin. He had been the farther figure that Merlin had never had.
“You better hurry up before Arthur really gets mad.” Merlin nodded and shot back out of the room and headed towards the courtyard where Arthur would be waiting with the other knights. Merlin raced outside and found Arthur waiting on his horse. He glared at Merlin and couldn’t believe that Merlin could be so slow and could be so clumsy. He wondered why he kept him around. Merlin strapped his bag full of supplies onto his horse and then mounted the horse. Arthur looked at Merlin.

“Are you ready now Merlin?”
“Yes sire.”
“You sure?” Merlin nodded and then Arthur faced foreword and made his horse go into a steady trot. Merlin followed suit as did the other knights and they all rode out of Camelot. Once out of the walls of the castle they all put their horses into a gallop and raced towards the woods where they would try and hunt any beast they could find. They all rode at a steady gallop and in silence which Merlin enjoyed. He loved the feeling of the woods in the daylight as he could feel everything around him and with his powers, everything was sharpened. He could hear everything around him and smiled. The sun felt good on his skin and he continued riding beside Arthur hoping that they actually would find something to hunt so they could go home and he could go to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote

comment

fan!

next eprson to fan gets the dedication :D