Merlin Fanfic -- Frustration --

Hey there!

Here is the next chapter and i hope that you all enjoy and sorry for any delays!

vote

comment

fan

next person to fan gets the dedication

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16 –

        Arthur and his knights were exhausted. They had been riding non stop for two days and they still hadn’t been able to track the beast. Arthur refused to rest until they had found the beast and had gotten what they needed in order to save Merlin. Leon rode up beside Arthur and touched his arm.
“We need to rest sire.” Leon was just as worried about Merlin as Arthur and he wanted to desperately to find the beast but he knew that the knights needed to rest so they could be in the best shape possible so they could take out the beast.
“We can’t stop. We have to find the beast.”
“And we will sire but we need to have rest because if we don’t then the beast will outsmart us and kill us all.” Arthur looked at Leon and realized that he was right, they all needed to rest.
“Make camp.” Arthur called out and he could feel the relief in the air as he climbed down from his horse. He looked around expecting to find Merlin starting to make the food and then was disheartened when he realized that he wasn’t there. Arthur strode off into the woods to help look for firewood and just hoped that Merlin would hold out until he could get back with the antidote. He came back to the rest of knights with firewood in his arms and began to bunk down for the night while a few of the knights kept guard just in case. Arthur knew that he would feel better once they were searching for the beast again.

          Morgana stroked Merlin’s hand feeling helpless. She had been by his side since Arthur had left and she couldn’t bear to leave him. She looked over his pale body and wiped his forehead of the sweat that had formed there. The door opened and Morgana looked up to see Gwaine enter and gave him a small smile as he walked over to her. He rested a hand on her shoulder.
“How is he?” Gwaine asked concerned. He was worried about Merlin as he thought of Merlin as his only friend and Gwaine had grown up knowing not to have friends, so Merlin meant a lot to him.
“He’s still the same thank you for asking Gwaine.” Gwaine nodded and sat beside Morgana and looked at her. He blinked and realized how stunning she was to him and all he wanted to do was kiss her but he knew that it was wrong as she was with Merlin and that she would never be interested in him. Gwaine looked at Morgana’s face and he felt himself soften at how graceful she looked and how caring she was. He loved the way that her hair was resting gracefully over her shoulders and how it shimmered in the light. Morgana seemed to feel his gaze and looked at him and felt an electric spark start inside her and she knew that she was attracted to him. Morgana had never realized how handsome Gwaine was with his long hair pushed back. He had a slight beard and that made him even more appealing as he looked so warrior like and how he would be willing to protect. She knew that he was a true knight of Camelot. Morgana then looked away ashamed that she had thought those things and went back to nursing Merlin until Gaius got back as she knew that she was happy with Merlin and that they had something magical. Merlin was the only one who could understand her and he was the one there for her when no one else was and she did the same thing in return to Merlin. She brushed a hand through his hair and kissed his forehead and hoped that he would be okay. Gwaine watched as Morgana kissed Merlin’s forehead and wished that those delicate lips could kiss his. Gwaine felt ashamed and decided that he should leave before made a wrong move with Morgana. She watched as Gwaine stood up and stretched and she couldn’t help but look at how fine his body was, she could tell through his shirt that he was well toned and this made her mouth water and want to touch him. Morgana shook her hand and said goodbye to Gwaine and admired him from behind as he left the room. Looking at Merlin, she felt like she was betraying him but she knew deep down that she didn’t really love Merlin anymore and she knew that had happened since they had returned to Camelot.

           Arthur woke with a start and looked around him. The knights were sleeping soundly around him and the woods were silent and dark but Arthur couldn’t shake the feeling that there was something out there and that it was watching him. Arthur listened for a moment longer and there was still no sound so Arthur decided to try and get back to sleep but found that sleep would not come. He couldn’t shake the feeling of being watched and he didn’t like it and he felt like his whole body was tense. Arthur sighed and threw back his blanket and put on his armor and his boots before getting up and heading towards the knight that was on guard taking his sword with him. Percival was on guard and looked surprised when he saw Arthur approach.
“Go and get some sleep, I will take this watch.” Arthur said and Percival stood up surprised but didn’t say anything. Percival knew that Arthur wasn’t himself and that there was no point in arguing as Arthur would not take no for an answer. Percival touched Arthur’s shoulder as he passed and hoped that Arthur would return to his old self once they had completed their quest. Arthur sat down at his post and glanced around the woodland and found nothing. He also found that the feeling of being watched had disappeared too. Arthur let his mind wonder while he was on guard and found himself thinking about Merlin and how many times Merlin had saved Arthur’s life with magic and he hadn’t realized. Arthur began to think about all the times that Merlin had turned up from no where and the danger seemed to go away and he knew that he had Merlin to thank for that. Arthur vowed to himself that he would thank Merlin for all the times that had saved his life and to be not so hard on him. Arthur then began to think about how hard it was for Merlin keeping his magic a secret and all the challenges that he had faced. He then felt a hand touch his shoulder and Arthur span round to attack but found that it was Elyan. Elyan raised his hands in surrender and Arthur sighed.
“What is it Elyan?”
“We are ready to move out sire.” Arthur nodded and was grateful for the distraction from Merlin and his secret to tracking the beast. Arthur mounted his horse and began tracking the beast with the other knights. They hadn’t been riding long when they had picked up a fresh trail. Arthur began to grow excited as they rushed foreword following the trail which ended at a stream. Arthur looked up and down the stream to see of anything could point them in the right direction and felt annoyed when they found nothing. He was about to climb down from his horse when the horse began to move on its own accord across the stream. Arthur called to the horse to stop but the horse carried on through the stream. He looked back at the other knights who looked as confused as he was but decided that it would be best to follow the king’s horse none the less. Arthur decided to let the horse go where it wanted and once the horse stopped he could carry on the hunt.

            “Arthur.” Morgana jumped at the sound and looked down at Merlin hopeful thinking that he had woken but felt disappointment rush through her when she found that he was still unconscious.
“Guide him.” Merlin spoke again in a strained voice and Morgana looked at him in disbelief.
“Gwaine!” She yelled and Gwaine came rushing in wondering what was wrong.
“Get Gaius.” She demanded and Gwaine nodded to her before rushing back out of the room to find Gaius. Gwaine searched the castle and finally found Gaius in the herb garden.
“Gaius!” Gaius turned and found that Gwaine was running over to him panicked and Gaius didn’t like the sound of what he was going to say.
“What is Gwaine?” He demanded dreading the answer.
“It’s Merlin Gaius.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote

comment

fan

Next person to fan gets the dedication

thanks for reading!