Merlin FanFic -- Oh no you don't --

Hey there guys!

Here is the next chaoter and i have to say that it is the quickest that i have uploaded the same story for a long time :)

i hope you all enjoy this next chapter

vote

comment

fan

next person to fan gets the dedication like always :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 22 -

The great dragon flew low scanning the vast amount of area under him. He scanned the area looking for any signs of magic. He was looking for Morgana and the children and the dragon sighed mentally, he didn’t want to be searching for them but he knew deep down that he wanted to help Merlin and that the children will posses the same amount of power as Merlin and he needed more people like that on his side.

Merlin was pacing. He couldn’t stop pacing. He wouldn’t stop worrying about his children until they were safe in his arms. As the dragon was about to give up in his tiresome search, something caught his eye. The dragon looked across and sure enough he saw the barrier of magic that was surrounding a small house. The dragon flew lower to get a closer look but making sure that he wasn’t seen and raising suspicion to her. He breathed in the scent of the magic and was then sure that it was her magic. The magic had a strong scent and he knew that the witch was using powerful magic and that he had to get back to Merlin fast before she moved on. The dragon took to the sky once more and began to fly the short distance back to Camelot.
          ”Merlin! Will you stop pacing?” Arthur shouted getting up from the table. He couldn’t watch Merlin pacing any longer; it was making him just as nervous. He walked over to Merlin and stood in front of him to stop his pacing. Merlin glanced up at Arthur.

“What?” He asked innocently and Arthur sighed exasperated.

“Stop pacing!” Arthur replied through his teeth and it was Merlin’s turn to sigh. He fell into the chair that Arthur ad just been sat in and put his head in his hands.
”I’m sorry Arthur I just can’t stop worrying about them. I don’t know what I will do if anything happens to them. It will be all my fault.” Arthur felt a pang in his chest as he felt for Merlin and he walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder.
”I know Merlin but this isn’t your fault. I have all my men searching for them, we will find them.” Merlin glanced up at Arthur and gave him a small smile. Merlin then noticed a dark shadow fly past the window and Merlin knew that the dragon was back. He rushed from the room almost knocking Arthur over in the process leaving him cussing behind. He raced down the hall not caring who he bumped into; he needed to know that his children were safe. After what seemed hours, Merlin emerged from the castle to find that the dragon had settled in the large courtyard. Merlin sighed as the people were looking at the dragon in awe and some looked even scared of the dragon. The dragon then seemed to notice Merlin and then bowed his head in respect and then Merlin noticed that people were looking at him confused. Merlin bowed back in response and headed down the steps and towards the great dragon. Merlin knew that the castle knew that he ad magic but he then realised that the people of the kingdom probably did not know and therefore were confused.
”Have you found that?” Merlin asked full of hope and he dragon gave a small nod and he felt his heart swell. He could feel the tears come to his eyes as he thought about his children.
”Thank you.” Merlin whispered. Arthur then suddenly appeared and eyed the dragon warily.
”Well?” He demanded and the dragon looked at Arthur sceptically.

“Have you done as we have asked or not?” Arthur demanded and this time the dragon decided not to ignore Arthur’s ignorance. The dragon looked at Arthur and lowered his face so it was close to his.
”I do not take orders from you human.” The dragon said glaring at him.
”I only take orders from the last dragon lord.” He then glanced at Merlin and Arthur felt the anger building up inside him, he hated being told what he could and couldn’t do.

“I am the king and this is my kingdom so what I says goes.” Arthur stood up straighter trying to gain some authority.
”Don’t do it Arthur.” Merlin murmured but Arthur ignored his advice.
”You are in my kingdom therefore you should follow my orders.” The dragon gave a throaty laugh and looked at Arthur amused.
”I have been around longer than you can imagine Arthur Pendragon and I certainly do not take orders from arrogant humans. I know of your fate and you should heed my warning, arrogance will get you killed.” Arthur just looked at the dragon stunned and he could hear Merlin chuckle.
”I told you so.” He whispered and the dragon gave a small chuckle.
”You should listen to the warlock more often Arthur Pendragon, he is wiser beyond his years.” Arthur wanted to roll his eyes at the dragon but Merlin changed the subject before he got the chance.

“Do you know where she is keeping them?” The dragon nodded.
”I warn you young warlock, there is strong magic guarding her and the children and she is going to know that it is you breaking the magic as you are the only one who can.” Merlin nodded and pursed his lips.
”You can you take us there?” He asked softly and the dragon gave a small smile.
”I will.” Merlin nodded before turning to Arthur.

“We need to go and get them back Arthur.” He sighed and looked at his friend and gave a small smile.
”I will send for the knights to meet us there Merlin, go and fetch the horses.” Merlin nodded before running off. Arthur turned back to the dragon now that he was alone and he felt slightly intimidated.
”You should be scared of me Arthur Pendragon; I am very old and very powerful and hold a lot of knowledge that you could never imagine.” Arthur looked away from the cold stare that the dragon was possessing.
”You should respect the warlock more Arthur, he is very powerful and he has saved your life more than you can imagine risking his own the process. He has come to me for advice many times wanting to know the danger that lies before you so he can stop it.” Arthur refused to look at the dragon and he could feel the gaze on him. He knew that the dragon was right but Merlin was his man servant and he didn’t want that to change, he liked him as an idiot as it gave him more entertainment.
”He would give his life for yours Arthur Pendragon, be sure to remember that.” Arthur’s head snapped round to look at the dragon and the dragon could see that his words had struck a nerve with him and for that he was glad. The dragon glanced up as Merlin came walked back towards them with his own horse and Arthur’s with everything ready to go. The dragon had to admire Merlin for his courage and his determination and he was glad that such a heavy destiny was laid on his shoulders as he knew that Merlin would always make the right choice in the end.

           Merlin sped foreword trying to keep up with the dragon that flew above his head with Arthur and the rest of the knights beside him. The knights had just returned when they were setting out and Arthur had ordered them to ride with him as they were facing a big danger. It seemed hours before the dragon landed in a clearing and the knights and Merlin came to a stop.
”I will go no further young warlock as I do not want to alert the witch to magic but she is right through those trees.” Merlin nodded and gave the dragon a smile.
”Thank you for doing this. This will not be forgotten.” The dragon bowed his head before shooting off into the sky leaving Merlin watching and the knights in awe. Once the dragon was out if sight Merlin looked at Arthur who assembled the knights around him.
”I want you to remember that Morgana is very powerful and dangerous. The goal is to get the children out of there safely. I want you Leon and the rest of the knights to distract Morgana with Merlin while Percival and I will get the children. Be careful.” The knights nodded before splitting off and getting into position. Merlin was at the head of the other group as he had the magic and he was the one who had to break the barrier. Merlin stepped through the trees and strode foreword alone and he could feel the buzz of magic in the air. He centred himself concentrating on his magic and his aim to get his children back before thrusting his hands foreword and releasing his magic at the barrier. He felt the rush and warmth of the magic as they penetrated the barrier and he could feel it become weaker and weaker by the second and smiled in triumph as the barrier finally came down. The door swung open and Morgana strode out looking fierce and grinned once she saw Merlin and he finally gave the signal for the knights to strike and that was when all hell broke lose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote

comment

fan

Thanks for reading :D