Chapter 50: Adventure Time Pt. I

"Where are we going?" I asked for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"It's a surprise." James said with the same tired tone.

"Are we there yet?" I asked for what seemed like the millionth time.

"Are we parked yet?" James answered for what seemed like the billionth time.

"Where are we going?" I asked, but instead of replying he turned up the radio.

"Are we there yet?" I asked trying to annoy him because I was bored.

"I can't seem to hear you anymore because the radio is too loud!" He yelled over Katy Perry's song 'Part of Me'.

This has been going on for two hours and I have no idea where he is taking me. As refreshed I felt two hours before, I now feel hungry and irritable. And being those two things make me into the nightmare child parents hate. But I'm sure my peers hate me even more.

"I'm hungry!" I yelled over the radio.

"Me too!" James agreed.

"When are we going to eat!" I shouted.

"Later!!" He shouted back.

Great. More vague replies.

I looked out the window and just saw cars, city buildings, and trees. I felt like we were going far away and we were never coming back.

"Where are we going?!" I asked for what seemed like trillionth time.

"Can you STOP asking that fucking question?!" James shouted back.

"Can you GIVE me a FUCKING ANSWER!?" I retorted back.

"No." James stated.

"Grumpy Cat says no, but last time I checked you ain't Grumpy Cat." I sassed back.

"Grumpy Cat is my child."

"Since when?"

"Since now. Now shut the hell up."

These conversations were quite normal. Everyone thinks we are like two, but I think at heart we were still two.

"I'm thirsty! Can we stop at the gas station?" I asked as I turned the radio off.

James looked at the gas meter and nodded his head. His Ranger Rover was a gas guzzler and I offered my tiny Saturn to use, but he insisted we use his card.

After all, he had his parent's credit card and this was normal for us spoiled brats.

Pulling into a Speedway I made my way inside to the bathroom while he put gas into the Ranger. I pulled out my iPhone and sent out a group text asking everyone I knew if they knew where James was taking me. But after five minutes of being in the bathroom, no one replied. And there was an angry man outside wanting in.

I jerked the door open with clenched teeth and strutted my way out.

Fucking rude ass.

Heading over to the drinks I looked at my options.

Caffeine sounds good, but I don't want to pee ten minutes later.

Juice isn't strong enough.

And God knows alcohol will only make me more irritating.

Water?

No.

I turned and looked at the fountain drinks.

Slushies during a cold spring is the worst idea ever and a cappuccino only brings me back to why I'm not getting caffeine.

"I read that the Peace Teas are trending." James said grabbing me from behind.