Chapter 29: Date Night

-CLUNK- went his Mercedes, as he held the car door open for me.

"Why thank you sir!" I said with the most dazzling smile I could make.

"You are welcome Sam! Now are all hands and feet inside?" He asked with the cutest, inquiring, face I have ever seen. Scratch that, my dog Kate has the cutest, inquiring, face I have ever seen.

"Yes, they are." I smiled back.

"Then let us roll!!" He said as he made his way around the front of the car to the driver's side.

We pulled out of the parking lot and went on down the street of lights. I put my head against the car window looking out at the street. My eyes closed and the song 'Hero/Heroine' by Boys Like Girls came on the radio. My hand found the way to the volume and I turned it up. My eyes opened to find Rob's hand on my hand. His smile shimmered like an organized cave of diamonds.

How did this happen? How did I find myself here, in New York? Questions I can not answer until I find myself at this end of my chapter.

The car slowed to a stop at Bacaro's.

"Is this a Chinese restaurant?" I asked with a puzzled look on my face.

"No, why?" Puzzled expression also crossed his face.

"Well, we are in China town." I said, hinting at the Chinese lanterns and groups of Chinese people crowding the streets.

"Oh! Yeah!!" He laughed, "I picked this place because you are so different from the others. You may not be one of a kind, but you are worth more than words can express. As different as an Italian restaurant in China town you struck-"

"Okay stop." I said blushing. "You don't have to prove anything to me. But you can feed me."

The aroma of the restaurant was getting to me.

"I can do that." Rob said smirking.

He got out of the car and opened my door, guiding me to the restaurant entrance. Just like the gentleman he is he also held that door open for me and before he could get to the final one I opened that one.

"You are sneaky one!" He exclaimed.

"Well, I am Asian." I laughed.

"Table for two?" The waitress asked.

"Yes please." Rob answered.

"This way please." She said signaling us to follow.

The restaurant was filled with crystal chandeliers and spacious ceilings. Why an Italian restaurant in China town? I asked myself. That just doesn't make sense. Oh wait. The pizza. Pizza is so addicting.

"Table for two?" She said as Rob pulled out a chair for me.

"Oh thank you." I said as I sat.

"Your waiter will be with you in a moment." She said as she presented our menus. "Have a great evening."

"Thank you! You have a great one too." I said with a laugh.

"I'll try!" She said and made her way back to the entrance.

"You're so nice everybody." Rob said, "I would have just sent her on her way and be done."

"I can't help, but be nice to everybody. It's in my nature." I said, "Unless they do me wrong. Then watch out."

"Oh the kitty can scratch?" He asked with a little sass.

"Oh this kitty can bite." I replied stone cold.