Chapter 5: Reality Check

• Dedicated to Casey

Sparks, heat, breathing hard, wandering hands, and lastly my brain was on the fritz. Whose lips are on mine? Are they Casey's lips?

"Sam! Are you awake?" A guy's voice was shouting in my ear.

"Casey?" I mumbled.

"It's Alex! Sam!! Wake up!!" Alex's voice was shattering my world. That jerk is going to die. But not today because I don't even know where I'm at.

"Alex?" I mumbled again.

"Yes! That's me! What's going on? Why are you in the woods and why am I hearing people say you had a mental breakdown." Alex's tone was getting on my nerves. Seriously, this douche bag is about to go down. But I still can't see straight and my throat is really dry.

"I'm thirsty can someone tale me away from this ass before his douchebaggery wears off on my impressionable mind." I may be shaken up, but I'm not stupid enough to let him walk all over me.

If you haven't noticed I am now in back to the where I started in the year 2012 where I received my first heart break on a silver platter. As you can tell it was by a legitimate, please excuse my language, asshole.

It all started where the normal 20th century romances start. I meet him through my brother Shane's friend Anthony and since we're both gay everyone assumes we'd be perfect together. We fell in love at a party both drunk off our ass's and fooled around on a pull out couch with a random third wheel who tried to join. But we politely declined. Everything was perfect til his exe came back in the picture who was better looking and apparently better than me in every way.

"Come on." Anthony said and guided me back to his house.

"Really! Come on Sam talk to me!!" Alex exasperated.

"Not now." Anthony replied. "Give Sam some time to chill. You really put his heart through a cheese grater you know."

Oh Anthony and his analogies. Got to love this kid.

"Do you want to go home? I can call your brother Shane here to pick you back up?" Anthony asked.

"No, just take me to your room. And let me sleep this off." I said.

"Alright whatever you need bro. Here let me pick you up. This will be faster." And he did. He picked me up and I carried me to his room. As he laid me in his bed he said, "I'm sorry. I don't know why Alex is being like this because you guys would be great together. But that's not how this turned out to be. And if I was gay I'd date you because you're amazing. Just sleep it off and go home tomorrow. First heartbreak is the worst. But what can you do? It's life."

"Thanks man." I replied, "And thanks for the offer. But like you said. What can you do?"

"Just ride it out broski style." He replied and we bumped fists.

"Broski style." I smiled. "Alright let me sleep for a little bit and get me in a few hours."

"Alright man. Catch ya in a few." And as he walked away the thought of Casey crossed my mind.

Things were so much simpler during my childhood. No matter how confusing it was then I just wish I could go back. Because even though it was confusing I was happy. I miss you Casey and I hope you come back soon.