Chapter 19

Weeks Later

We're going to fight the fifth wave in only two days and I couldn't help but tremble. I felt my heart race for the three youngest. I told Teacup the idea of leaving her here, but she didn't like it. She wanted to fight it. I tried convincing her so many times, but it wouldn't change her mind. Ben and I didn't bring it up to Nugget- who I learned was named Sam- or Jace.

"Ben", I say as I put on the camouflage jumpsuit rather than the blue one.

"Yeah?" He asked turning to me.

"Are we seriously going to let Teacup fight the fifth wave?" I asked him.

He walked over to me and rested his hands on my shoulders, "We can sneak her in there when she's asleep if you want"

I shake my head, "She wouldn't like that"

He nods and sighs as I pull my hair into a ponytail and grab his hand, too the shooting range we go. Everyone else was already there. I go to my spot and grab the gun from my holster and started shooting it.

After practice, Ringer had asked me to stay after. I was hesitant at first, was she going to go Dorothy and kill me? Thoughts flooded through my head as I kissed Ben before he left holding Sam and Jace's hands.

"What Ringer?" I ask as I turned to her.

"I just wanted to...apologize"

I nod and sigh.

"I'm sorry for everything I put you through", She said. "Everything I put both you and Ben through. I just wanted to apologize before going into the battlefield"

"Well now my tactic as imagining the other as you is out the window.." I mumble causing her to laugh softly.

"We're good?" She asks.

"Yes we're good", I sigh before walking out.

Once I reach the bunks Ben motions me over.

"Yeah?" I ask Him.

"Jace wants to fight the fifth wave which means that He won't go with Nugget"

I bit my lip, "Are you serious?"

"I'm serious", He said making my heart almost stop.

"I'll go talk to Him.." I said with my heart breaking.

I jogged over to my son whom sat on His bed with His legs swinging back and forth.

"Hey baby, Zombie told me something about you not wanting to stay here", I said.

"I don't. I want to go with you and Zombie and fight the others", He said. "I want to put my training to use"

"I can't argue with you, but you have to be super super careful and stay behind Zombie or I at all times", I sighed.

He hugged me and I sighed once more.

Hours Later

"Lights out", Ordered Ben as I climbed into Jace's bunk.

Whenever I get the chance, I sing Him a lullaby since He likes that.

"Are you gonna sing Mama?" Asked Jace as I cradled Him in my arms.

"Of course baby boy", I whispered. "Hush little baby don't say a word, Mama's gonna buy you a hummingbird. And if that hummingbird don't sing, Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring"

"Goodnight Mama", He said as His eyes slowly closed and I placed him in His bed.

"Goodnight Jace," I whispered and kissed His forehead. "I love you my baby boy"

I got up and climbed over to Ben's bunk where he brought me close to Him.

"Goodnight my love", He said.

"Goodnight Ben", I said leaving a kiss on his lips and falling asleep in his arms.

Next Morning

"One more day," I heard Ben whisper.

"Yeah, one more day until my death. Oh joy!"

He rolled His eyes, "Now you'll be just fine, don't say that"

I sighed, something I've been doing quite often.

"I don't want to get up and function. I want to sleep through tomorrow", I groaned.

"If it was my choice, I'd let you. But it's not, so come and eat breakfast with the rest of the squad and I", Ben said.

"Only if you kiss me", I whispered against His lips.

"That's easy", He said connecting out lips in a harsh yet short kiss making me yearn for more.

"Is the squad already at breakfast?" I asked.

"Yeah, I let you sleep a little later", He said.

"Then love me", I said grabbing his shirt and pulling him down towards me as we shared a kiss.

His hands were pressed on my waist, pushing me onto the flimsy mattress as we made out. His lips sucking on the skin on my neck as my fingers found a way to his hair as I tugged and pulled at it. Soft moan escaped the mouth of both of us but neither of us complained knowing that we may never share another kiss if tomorrow doesn't go well, or as planned.

He started to unbutton the camo I wore, and then pulled the undershirt off my head that stayed under the jumpsuit. His hands found their way to my bra which he unclipped quickly. His hand exploring my body as my hand explored his. His lips ending up all over the skin on every part of my body. The way his eyes filled up with lust and the way I liked it.

And the words that were rarely said, were actually said, "I love you"

~~

~~

~~

Let's pretend that this is a long chapter and didn't take my four months to actually write. This books next chapter will be the final one ):

Word Count: 919