Chapter 1

Olivia's Point Of View

I held Jace's hand, I wouldn't let go, "Are we almost there yet Mommy?" He whispered.

"Almost", I said. "Look, I'm gonna go in front of that bus with you. Okay? And if they ask who I am, you tell them I'm your sister, Liv. Alright? Do not tell them I'm your Mother."

"Why?" He asked.

I remember what happened back at camp, what they did to the parents, "Or else you might not see me ever again," I said.

"Okay Mommy," He said.

I picked Jace up and clutched him to my chest as I purposely tripped in front of the bus. The bus came to a sudden stop and out came a soldier, "It's okay you two, I'm here to help, just get onto the bus and we'll take you to Wright-Patterson."

"Thank you sir," I said and held onto Jace who fortunately didn't get hurt by my trip stunt.

We arrived back at Wright-Patterson only after a few moments, "Stand in the red circle, wait for your number to be called."

I held Jace's hand in mine once again as we walked into the red circle, "No matter what happens, I'm your sister. Okay?"

"Okay", Jace nods.

"Number 987!"

"Go Jace," I said. "I'll see you later, I love you"

"I love you too," He said as I kissed his forehead.

Then afterwards, my number was called, "988!"

I was greeted by a blonde women with red lipstick, "I'm Sergeant Reznik, I'm going to give you a quick check up and assign you to a squad, how does that sound?"

"Sounds good," I smile.

"Alright," She says as I sit up on a bed you'd see in a room of any Doctor's Office. "Any family known to be dead or alive?"

"Parents, died in the quakes. Sister, died of being ill. My brother, still alive."

"In this camp?"

"I believe so", I said.

She nods, "What's your name?"

"Olivia Johnson."

"Ah so your brother is Jace," She says.

"Mhm," I nod.

"I'm going to be extra nice," She said. "And place you two in the same squad."

"Are you serious?" I asked tears forming in my eyes.

"I am", She says. "But I'm calling you Blue, and that's how you'll address yourself, because you've got yourself some purdy blue eyes."

"Why thank you," I smile.

"Would like to see an other?" She asks.

"Well...sure," I shrug. "How do we tell them apart exactly?"

"They do in fact look human on the outside, but the inside.."

I take a look in the lens she puts in front of my eyes, "That green is the other"

"Oh alright", I say nodding.

"Now kill it," She demands.

"Excuse me?" I ask.

She gives me a button, "You see, the human is dead, but the true form isn't, now kill it."

"I don't know..."

"Kill it!" She commands.

I squeeze my eyes shut and press down on the button. I open my eyes and look into the lens seeing that the green host had stopped moving.

"Now I'm gonna stick a tracker in you", She says.

My eyes go wide as she connects a gun like object to the back of my neck, and pulls what looks like a trigger. I felt a sharp pain in my neck. The damn tracker.

"Okay let me take you to see your brother", She says.

I suddenly smile as she brings me to a small room where I see my brother whom must've been waiting for me, "Let's introduce you to your new squad."

We walk down the corridors until we see a room of bunks labeled fifty three to fifty six. That must be the squads the bunk room held.

"Squad fifty three", She says. "I'm introducing you, Blue and Chip"

I walk through the door to see many different faces. Reznik then hands us a jumpsuit and boots each as we take hold of them.

"Blue," One says. "You'll be bunking under me, and Chip, you'll be next to Her. By the way, I'm Zombie"

"Nice to meet you Zombie", I smile.

"You too," He says and faces the rest of the squad. "That's Tank, Dumbo, Oopma, Flint, Teacup, and Nugget."

"Well I'm Blue," I say. "And this is my brother Chip."

"Hello", Jace says.

Teacup waves to Jace and so I smile.

"Where's my bunk?" I ask Zombie.

"Right here," He says and points to a bottom bunk. "Anyways, you should go change, it's getting late. Lights out in ten minutes."

I nod and grab Jace and go into the bathroom. When Jace and I were done getting ready to sleep I walked into squad fifty three's section of the bunk area and grabbed my photo album and tucked it under my pillow.

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep", Jace says.

"Come here sweetheart," I say.

He runs up to me and sits on my bunk, "It'll be alright, just remember, I'll always be here to take care of you."

"Thank you", He says. "Can I please sleep with you tonight?"

"I don't know if that's allowed.." I say. "I'll ask Zombie, just sit tight for a moment."

I get up out of my bunk and see Zombie sitting on a bench across from the bunk.

"Hey," I say approaching him with my hands in my pockets.

"Hey," He smiled weakly.

This boy definitely had a killer smile.

"I was wondering if J-I mean Chip, sorry, if he can stay in my bunk with me. He's just not used to all this and-"

"Of course He can," Zombie said. "Just not every night, He'll need to learn how to sleep on his own eventually."

"He will," I say. 

"Okay", He says. "Where did you come from?"

"Northern Ohio", I say. "But I've made my way down here with Chip."

"Ah okay", He says.

"I'd like to get to know you better Zombie, you seem interesting to me," I say looking Him in the eye.

"And why is that Blue?" He asks.

"I'm not quite sure that I can put it into words," I say.

"How about tomorrow, you sit with me during each meal. And we can get to know about each other."

"That's sounds great," I smile widely.

"Good," He replies.

Then I stood up and made my way to my bunk where Jace lay staring up, "C'mon Jace," I say and hand him his teddy bear, "Move over."

He moves over as I lay next to him. He lays his head on my chest. I hold my son close as I think about what has happened to planet Earth throughout the last few weeks.

"Hush little Baby.." I start to sing, I keep singing this lullaby until Jace falls asleep like I usually do every night for him.