Chapter 5

We were now in the shooting range, the squad has gotten way better. And I'm going to be honest, Jace was one of the best shooters. He proudly took after his mother. Teacup has gotten way better and so have Oopma and Tank.

Today we each get our own guns after training, I'm so excited. Reznik said they were simply pistols but only had a single bullet in them and should only be used in an emergency situation. But Flint had already been making jokes about playing Russian Roulette. Which was stupid of him since pistols can't be used to play Russian Roulette.

After training, Reznik handed us each a pistol, I took Chip's and told him I'd keep it with mine in my backpack.

We made our way back to the bunks and we were all having fun and joking until I felt myself stumble back when someone grabbed my from behind by my neck.

"Get off of me," I said.

I tried shaking whomever was on me off, but then I realized it was Tank, he has his pistol to my head.

"He's going Dorothy," Zombie yelled. "Someone get help!"

"Call for help and I swear I'll put a bullet through your pretty little girlfriend's head," Tank warned.

He held a hand over my mouth as I cried softly, tears sprung from my eyes and Zombie gave me a look of worry.

"First I'll kill Her, then Chip, then Teacup, then Nugge-"

"Tank lower your weapon", Zombie shouted throwing his hands in front of his with his gun as the rest of the squad did the same. "You only have one bullet."

"Shut up!" Tank screamed.

"Tank, let go of Blue and we can talk this through," Zombie said calmly.

"Blue, I'm killing Her," I heard the gun cock which only made my body jerk in fear.

Then I heard a gunshot, and I fell to the floor, with Tank falling over me, someone shot him from behind.

"Get him off of me", I cried and panicked as his blood pooled beneath us both.

His body was taken off of me and I saw Teacup standing, Her hands shaking, "I-I killed Him."

"Thank you," I cried to Teacup. "Thank you so much sweetie. It's okay, you're okay, everything's okay."

"Was it wrong of me?" She asked frantically scared.

"No, no, it wasn't," Ben said.

Then Reznik ran in and asked what happened as we told her, "He went Dorothy and tried to kill Blue but Teacup saved her."

There was blood all over me which was Tanks. I was still crying trying to decipher what just happened as Ben helped me change in the bathroom, I was too weak, still processing what was happening that I could barely stand.

"Thank you," I sniffled to Ben. "So much."

"Don't thank me," He said pulling me onto his lap as we sat in the floor. "I'm just relieved that you made it out alive. I was so scared."

"So was I," I sniffled.

"Don't cry," He says taking his thumb and sliding it across my cheek wiping away tears that fell from my eyes.

Reznik agreed to giving our squad the rest of the week off, I'm glad it was only Tuesday. It was such a traumatic experience, even if it didn't last that long, it still would haunt me. And it felt long to me, having a gun to my head and being able to do nothing about it. But all I could do was cry and hope that I was saved. And Teacup, one of the youngest, saved me. I kept thanking her and thanking her repetitively.

"Ben," I said as we were alone in his bunk since everyone else ate at the hall. "What are they doing with Tank?"

"I'm not sure," He says.

"Even though he did what he did," I started. "I feel bad, the poor kid is under a lot of stress that a kid shouldn't be under."

"But that gave him no right to do what he did."

"I know," I sighed as Ben wrapped his arms around me.

"What would you do if I kissed you?" Ben asked me.

"I'd probably push you off the bunk and run," I said convincingly.

"Oh," He said.

"I'm kidding," I smile grabbing his hand. "I'd probably kiss you back."

And before I could say another word, his lips were on mine and my hand was placed on his cheeks as I deepened the kiss. Ben pushed me down on the mattress lightly as we continued to kiss, "Can I tell you something?" I asked as we stopped kissing for a moment.

"Anything," He said.

"And can I trust you?"

"With your life."

"Ben," I said taking a deep breath. "Chip is my son."